SAFE PASSAGE

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: SAFE PASSAGE  (Read 4084 times)

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
SAFE PASSAGE
« on: April 02, 2007, 11:38:38 am »
Good Luck to all the folk going to Canberra for the National concours, Pity its on Easter sunday, But hope you all have a geat time.
PS wish I could have been there!   Oh have a happy easter egg!
Cheer paull
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Real muscle cars have 3 pedals. Where theres smoke theres Tyres

Offline Tony67

• Stallion
SAFE PASSAGE
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 08:29:51 pm »
Sorry you can't make it Paull. I know what you mean about it being on Easter. I was undecided until recently as to weather to go or not. Having  young children it was a bit hard to convince the opposition to go away with the kids at Easter, but there is so much to do around Canberra with the kid's I'm sure they will be occupied.
Hope the whether is like it has been for the past couple of days. See you all there.

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
SAFE PASSAGE
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 08:44:47 pm »
Sorry, I won't be there either guys.  Donks out and its a long push..

Good luck.

Offline Reggie

• Stallion
SAFE PASSAGE
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 10:34:45 pm »
Originally posted by Tony67
Sorry you can't make it Paull. I know what you mean about it being on Easter. I was undecided until recently as to weather to go or not. Having  young children it was a bit hard to convince the opposition to go away with the kids at Easter, but there is so much to do around Canberra with the kid's I'm sure they will be occupied.
Hope the whether is like it has been for the past couple of days. See you all there.

Looking forward to receiving all of you from other States.

Just a quick note: Weather is Autumn and quite nippy in the mornings BUT beatiful days with plenty of sunshine.  According to long range forecast weather is going to be around 20 degrees.

Regarding plenty to do for children. Right opposite the show venue is Questacon (150 metres).  A great place if your kids who are probably approaching the ten year old and older mark. Old Parl House is just some 200 metres, High Court 400 metres, Art Gallery (if you are into that kind of stuff) a little further on.  Yes, plenty to see.  We have arranged a cruise on Sat morning at 11.00am.  It will take in the major sights of Canberra including the Tower on Black Mountain followed by BBQ beside the lake.  The you can cruise on back to Motel at around 2.00pm.

Travel safely and enjoy your time here.

Reg
(in Canberra)

Offline jmd1

• Blue Printed
SAFE PASSAGE
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 07:15:47 pm »
Reg
Sounds good for the weekend ,hope it all works out well as I'm sure it will. Have a great Easter.
We need a bunny font just for Easter:+

Offline Tony67

• Stallion
SAFE PASSAGE
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 08:46:25 pm »
Hi Reg
can you tell me where you are meeting for the cruise on Saturday ?  We are staying at the Quality Suites Clifton, the other places were booked out. We hope to be in Canberra by about 10.30 so should be there just in time to tag along.

Offline Reggie

• Stallion
SAFE PASSAGE
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 09:52:47 pm »
Originally posted by Tony67
Hi Reg
can you tell me where you are meeting for the cruise on Saturday ?  We are staying at the Quality Suites Clifton, the other places were booked out. We hope to be in Canberra by about 10.30 so should be there just in time to tag along.

Yes, we are meeting at the Pavilion Motel and will leave there at 11.00am.  You will pass it on the way in.  There will be several ACT pilot Mustangs (cars) with say about 6 visitors Mustangs behind just in case someone drops off at a set of lights.  

You might be able to wait in the Clifton driveway but it is very narrow and there will be people booking in etc.  Northbourne Ave (where the Clifton is) is basically no parking at all so you cannot wait on the roadside.  However, if you go on a little further, you will come to City Hill where you traverse one of many circles in Canberra.  Half way around the circle is a car park.  You could wait there with engine running and hook in behind.  My mobile is 0401 321 614.

Offline stormin

• Blue Printed
SAFE PASSAGE
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 07:22:27 pm »
Evening Reg
Looking forward to see u and the bride over the weekend,.Should arrive at the Pavilion around 2 tomorrow.Will see u about somewhere to go for dinner tomorrow night when the works done.
Stormin

Offline dropbearracing

• Stallion
SAFE PASSAGE
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 09:58:13 pm »
SAFE PASSAGE TO ALL GOING TO CANBERRA, JUST REMEMBER DOUBLE DEMIRT POINTS GUYS & GALS,BEST OF LUCK>:(

Offline Reggie

• Stallion
SAFE PASSAGE
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2007, 10:20:58 pm »
Originally posted by stormin
Evening Reg
Looking forward to see u and the bride over the weekend,.Should arrive at the Pavilion around 2 tomorrow.Will see u about somewhere to go for dinner tomorrow night when the works done.
Stormin

We will be quite busy tomorrow collecting all the goods becasue Friday is a holiday.  However, I will be at the Pavilion sometime during the afternoon (we are not staying there) to finalise a few things.  We will go to dinner somewhere and back to the Pavilion to do more work at 7pm.

Have a safe trip and as someone said here on this thread, take care double points etc.  Weather is expected to be fine 21 degrees on Sunday.  Very nippy in the mornings too but beautiful sunny days.

Offline Reggie

• Stallion
SAFE PASSAGE
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2007, 08:20:19 am »
Originally posted by NOSMustangSupplies
Arrived safe and sound.  weather good cars cleaned and parked safe and sound. beer is flowing already.  Some members from SA and NSW here already Victorian members are on road as we speak.
no dramas with the cars and speed cameras

we are also staying at the clifton suites.
REG saw your red GT coupe in the car park have taken required parts from it.

enjoy the weekend all and remember the reason why we are here people.  the word MUSTANG.

regards.

PHILL  BERESFORD
NOS MUSTANG SUPPLIES
"concours parts for concours cars"
0412 455049.

Phil

We had rather a busy day yesterday.  Everything went quite well.  Yes, my car was in the car park all day.  Hope you saw thr right one (of course my car has ACT plates).  There was another GT just up from it that looked quite nice from a distance.  I had no time to look at anything, just a glimpse.  I was with Warwick and as you were entering the car park at the Pavilion he said it was you (a white coupe with club plates). We were in a van leaving to go and collect stuff. Anyhow, catch up wit you over the weekend.

Reg

Offline Reggie

• Stallion
SAFE PASSAGE
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2007, 09:37:05 am »

[clip].....REG saw your red GT coupe in the car park have taken required parts from it.....[clip]

regards.

PHILL  BERESFORD
NOS MUSTANG SUPPLIES
0412 455049.

Phil - Now I know what was wrong when I tried starting it.  There was no engine and only 3 wheels.

Catch up with you and have a chat.

Reg

Offline ron

• Worked
SAFE PASSAGE
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2007, 10:18:16 am »

REG saw your red GT coupe in the car park have taken required parts from it.

PHILL  BERESFORD
NOS MUSTANG SUPPLIES
0412 455049.
Still can't believe Phill has a sense of humour.
Money is made to be spent.

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
SAFE PASSAGE
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2007, 01:31:37 pm »
Congratulations to all whom picked up an award, hope to see some pics soon,
Cheers Paull
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Real muscle cars have 3 pedals. Where theres smoke theres Tyres