1966 Mustang Coupe

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 1966 Mustang Coupe  (Read 2003 times)

Offline bridgo65

• Thoroughbred
1966 Mustang Coupe
« on: November 26, 2010, 11:59:56 am »
Hi all,

My son and his flatemate (Steve - who is also my eldest daughters boyfriend) have just returned from 10 months in Afghanistan and Steve is looking to spend some hard earnt cash on a 1966 Mustang Coupe.

Steve is based in Brisbane and has located a reasonable pony for sale in Victoria.  See below evilbay link:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Ford-Mustang-1966-/320622006114?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item4aa68f8f62

Steve is quite capable and able to rectify a number of the minor issues that the car has but I don't want him to get stuck with a real lemon !!

If any of our Victorian members are willing to help out by running an eye over the car to identify any possible major problems ie: rust (body and undercarriage) and engine this would be really handy before Steve spend any coin to head down to inspect personally.

At this stage I don't know where in Vic the car is located but will find out these details once Steve gives me the OK.

At this stage just putting out some feelers to see if anyone can help.

Thanks heaps.:rub:

Ian (Bridgo65)

Offline ponyride

• Blue Printed
1966 Mustang Coupe
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 12:07:16 pm »
Bridgo for what it's worth, I think Steve would be better off getting something that doesn't need the body/paint work that this car apparently needs and for not much more than what's being asked for this one. Just a thought. Good luck either way.
Rick

Offline 66RedRagtop

• Supercharged
1966 Mustang Coupe
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 12:20:23 pm »
Says it's at Torquay.  

That's down the coast past Geelong, so probably needs someone in that neck of the woods to look it over.