ENJOY THE RIDE

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: ENJOY THE RIDE  (Read 2724 times)

Offline ron

• Worked
ENJOY THE RIDE
« on: March 27, 2007, 07:12:54 pm »
Read in this mornings paper that a low mileage Phase 3 sold at auction for $680,000. Makes me wonder how many owners(collectors) have already locked away new Shelbys or even Falcon GT's and Monaro's since new. Just thinking out loud, but would you think that 100's of mint condition cars of the same example with no km's would appreciate in the same degree as a handful of the same, in 40 or 50 years time? Well that's my incoherant drivel for today.  Anybody have a mint XE Fairmont Ghia ESP 351 locked away in a bank vault:+
Money is made to be spent.

Offline jmd1

• Blue Printed
ENJOY THE RIDE
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 08:33:51 pm »
Ron.
It would be nice to be able to afford a new Typhoon or GT and be able to store it under wraps for forty years but for the majority that is unfortunately not an option.
History is a great learning curve how would we all be if we had bought that car in 68-73 or even kept what we had back then.
As I remember I sold a one owner low mileage v8 Capri for next to nothing in 79.
It was a serious car in it.s day and I would love to still have it
they were called the mini mustang back then but would get through a corner at about 50% faster than any stang
:i

Offline derwin66

• Blue Printed
ENJOY THE RIDE
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 08:57:12 pm »
A great car to buy, low miles etc.  Nice to have the money to buy that and that last Monaro ever made and then put it in storage.  What is even more amazing is that his wife let him do it.
65 T code coupe.
Blown 302. Heidts suspension, tricked C4
Gear vendors overdrive, RRS rack and pinion
Street or track roller perches adjustable struts.
60 F100.
Warm 289, AOD

Offline mistermustang

• Worked
ENJOY THE RIDE
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 11:16:22 pm »
just saw on the web that there's a 66 K-code GT convertible, concourse restored, MCA Gold car going for sale at $150K

thats a lot for a muzzie - even a GT K convertible.

maybe things are on the rise for the humble mustang too.
BrianE :o

Offline dropbearracing

• Stallion
ENJOY THE RIDE
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 06:08:40 pm »
WHY KEEP A GREAT RIDE UNDER WRAPS FOR YEARS UPON YEARS,LIFE IS TO SHORT,SURE ONLY TAKE IT OUT NOW AND THEN.:a. ENJOY THE TIME & THE RIDES WHILE WE CAN:(

Offline ron

• Worked
ENJOY THE RIDE
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 08:23:53 pm »
Originally posted by dropbearracing
WHY KEEP A GREAT RIDE UNDER WRAPS FOR YEARS UPON YEARS
                                                                        $$$$$$$$:[ Hey, imagine the amount of smoke you'd make if you did a massive burnout on a set of "razor blade" Polyglas's:a
Money is made to be spent.