USA title/bill of sale

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: USA title/bill of sale  (Read 2655 times)

Offline Zudoo

• P Plates
USA title/bill of sale
« on: October 23, 2010, 06:56:30 pm »
I'm in the states at the moment and about to export a few toys, when I buy a car do the title papers have to be in my name or are they just to be signed by the previous owner.

Also is the bill of sale just a receipt scribbled out by the seller with the vin/date/purchase price?  Thanks in advance.

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
USA title/bill of sale
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 07:55:49 am »
Zudoo  ...  Get the title filled out  by the previous owner and a reciept.  Make a copy so that you can use it to apply for your import papers, the original usually goes with the car.

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
USA title/bill of sale
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 11:30:38 pm »
Make sure there are no liens on the car (that will be written on the title) that means money owed to a finance company.

Bill of sale must have the sellers name and address as with yours, purchase price, date and VIN number

Dont write the Bill of sale for a lower amount to save on taxes.....it will bite you in the bum later...but thats your call

Scan the title in Colour (both sides). Title gets sent to the shipping company....you dont get too keep it

Need any help with the Import approval, email me at matt@shermatt.com and I will help you out or you can call 727 364 8707 (Florida) and I can help over the phone.

Cheers

Matt

Offline Zudoo

• P Plates
USA title/bill of sale
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 06:34:00 am »
Thanks for the responses. I have also been told by the shipping company that the seller needs an EIN number and has to fill out a declaration to allow the items to leave the US. Any one else struck this? Thanks for your offer to contact you Shermatt, I might take you up on that.

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
USA title/bill of sale
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 11:02:15 pm »
good talkin to ya yesterday...sorry I was so short, I was really under the gun getting cars out for transport to LA but call that number I gave you and you will never look back in regards to BS paperwork

If you get stuck on anything else, give me a call 727 364 8707

Cheers

Matt

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
USA title/bill of sale
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 10:40:32 pm »
Whats an EIN number?

Offline Zudoo

• P Plates
USA title/bill of sale
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 07:01:52 am »
EIN number stands for export identification number, a shipping company I was going to use said I could not export my items if the sellers did not supply this number. Spoke to Matt, he put me onto Joey from Schumachers and all is good now, thanks again Matt, hope your weekend went well.

Offline jusTANG

• Blue Printed
USA title/bill of sale
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 08:47:53 am »
Quote from: Zudoo link=topic=12635.msg133159#msg133159
EIN number stands for export identification number, a shipping company I was going to use said I could not export my items if the sellers did not supply this number. Spoke to Matt, he put me onto Joey from Schumachers and all is good now, thanks again Matt, hope your weekend went well.

can always rely on Matt to hook a brother up :thumb: