elictriclife power windows FYI

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: elictriclife power windows FYI  (Read 4046 times)

Offline cap70

• Worked
« on: October 22, 2010, 10:04:09 am »
Just thought i would let you know about a little hiccup i found installing the power windows in my 66 coupe.
The chrome slide switches dont fit for the rear windows without some modifications.
the motor blocks the hole where the winder used to be so theres not enough room to mount the switch in that position.
I had to cut the raised section out so it was flat, i also had to trim the posts off the switch and solder the wires directly to it.
i then siliconed a piece off perspec to that to stop the pins shorting on the motor. I will post some pics when i do the passenger side.
Have already done the drivers side but not going to pull it apart to take pictures.

Offline BLKPNY

• Pegasus
  • Forum Sponsor
    • www.CustomMustangs.com.au
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 10:31:01 am »
Is that the chrome GM style panel switch? Or the Electric Life crank handle switch?
Custom Mustangs
0438 351 400 or 03 9782 8850
For Email CLICK HERE
2/14 Lakewood Blvd Carrum Downs Victoria
Signature Sponsor

Offline cap70

• Worked
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 03:25:03 pm »
Hi Steph, i was using the gm style 1's for the back, but even the crank handle 1's wouldnt fit there. i have put the crank handle 1's i got from you in the front doors, they fit there no problems. i'll try remember to take a pic with the trim off to post as well.