Flame thrower coils

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Flame thrower coils  (Read 1765 times)

Offline MustangMedic

• Worked
Flame thrower coils
« on: September 20, 2010, 07:29:26 pm »
Fellas, whos got one, do the work what is the difference in performance or reliability, especially starting on hot days.
Your thoughts and opinions are apreciated.
Cheers.
Medic
Always work smarter not harder....

Offline Trans-Am

• Worked
Flame thrower coils
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 08:51:07 am »
Hi MustangMedic,

In regards to the Flame-Thrower Coil by Pertronix, I'd have no problem or issue's in recommendng them. I also matched the coil with a Pertronix Ingnitor Electronic Ignition at the same time on a stock 289 and some of my friends commented on how smooth the engine ran throughout the entire rev-range.

Also, I never had a problem with starting the car on hot day's...

Here's some product information listed below;

While it's the perfect coil to go with the PerTronix Ignitor breakerless ignition, the 40,000 volt Flame-Thrower canister coil can benefit virtually any distributor type inductive system. Its higher voltage allows larger spark plug gaps for added power, smoother response and better fuel economy. These coils are internally resisted so they are compatible with many ignition systems.

The oil filled coils offer great heat control for street driven vehicles, while the epoxy filled coils provide superior winding support for high vibration environments in offroad vehicles and boats.

Features
•40,000 volts.
•Available chrome plated or black for that "stock look".
•For use with inductive ignition systems.
•1.5 or 3.0 Ohm primary resistance values available.

They're available through the direct distributor, Pro Quip International;

PRO QUIP INTERNATIONAL
14 London Drive (PO Box 852)
Bayswater Victoria 3153 AUSTRALIA
Ph:  +61 3 9761 1110
Fax: +61 3 9761 1565
www.proquip.com.au

I hope I've been able to shed some light on the subject...

Cheers,

Trans-Am  :cool:

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
Flame thrower coils
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 10:45:33 am »
My Bro had serious dramas with his coil...apparently the dealer he purchased it from told him after the 3rd or 4th breakdown that they had a "bad batch" Thats what he got told, but the good news is the dealer came good and didnt try to avoid the delema, I think your safe with the petronix goods.
LUVHEV
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Real muscle cars have 3 pedals. Where theres smoke theres Tyres