Want to buy 65-66 fastback mustang

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Want to buy 65-66 fastback mustang  (Read 3337 times)

Offline Nzacca

• P Plates
« on: August 22, 2010, 10:20:01 am »
Hi I'm new to this website and wondering if anyone knows anybody who wants to sell a 65-66 fastback mustang??? I'm after a red one with the white interior, would like it to have air-con and power steering but is not essential. The best example of the car I found was a red 66... I think it was with number plate Texas01....... I think it was, it's an south Australian car. Willing to spend up to $45,000 but want it all complete with NO RUST!

Offline Nzacca

• P Plates
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 10:21:25 am »
OOPs sorry forgot to mention that it must be manual. Don't like autos much

Offline rocket

• Please visit our new Website
  • Blue Printed
  • MOCSA Member No. 894
    • Image Classic Cars
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 05:09:24 pm »

You just complicated it!

Check out the Red 65 fastback half way down the page in this Thread. Asking price for the car ( is 35k )
 http://mustang.org.au/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7524&page=6

Another recent arrival which is a manual. MAY be ours as part of a deal next week. Will be about 32k
V8 4 speed manual. Interior has been done. White and blue.
Colour of this car is wimbledon white. Just needs a few finishing touches.

Location of both cars is Adelaide:smile01:

Rocket.
Check out our new Website

http://www.imageclassiccars.com.au/

Offline 2+266

• Worked
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 10:18:00 am »
:cry: not red though

Offline Sean piquet

• Stallion
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 02:07:41 pm »
Quote from: Nzacca link=topic=11981.msg127258#msg127258
Hi I'm new to this website and wondering if anyone knows anybody who wants to sell a 65-66 fastback mustang??? I'm after a red one with the white interior, would like it to have air-con and power steering but is not essential. The best example of the car I found was a red 66... I think it was with number plate Texas01....... I think it was, it's an south Australian car. Willing to spend up to $45,000 but want it all complete with NO RUST!

Unless the car has had a comprehensive body restoration there is no such thing as a used 65/66 Mustang which has "NO RUST."  

There are heaps of old Mustangs for sale that have never had a full body resto where the owner's claim that the car has "no rust".  From what I have seen, about 75% are advertised this way and it's BS.  

I have also seen quite a few so called "restored" cars which still have rust in them that has never been properly addressed - and needs to be .

Exercise caution.

If a car is advertised as having "no rust"  then look extra hard for it because in most cases you will find it in a vehicle that has not had a thorough and expensive full body resto.  

There are many excellent threads (with pictures) on this first class forum  which will show you where the typical rust areas are in the model you are looking at.

From my observations I think there are quite a few people here who purchased various models they thought (from their comments here) were fairly free of any serious rust until the car was stripped back to bare bones, including some panel removal, revealing the true condition of the metal.

Offline Nzacca

• P Plates
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 04:22:06 pm »
Thankyou for the heads up, will have to do my homework on this and take it from there. Seen a nice one in the states for about 35k but was too good to be true, ended up being a hoax, just some idiot with too much time on his hands.