The Travel Thread

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: The Travel Thread  (Read 16082 times)

Offline Pinto Pete

• Blue Printed
  • Name: Nigel
Re: The Travel Thread
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2013, 01:47:41 am »
Anyone going to the 50th aniversary bash in Vagas next year....?
It is far easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission

Offline Salthorse

• Worked
  • MOCA (Vic) member - 2709
  • Name: Dave
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2013, 03:04:03 am »
It would be nice to get out and do a road trip...
I'd like to do a road trip but the roads around here - Kabul - are a little too dangerous and there are no Mustangs.  :bolt:
Dave

1969 Black Jade Mach 1 with a 351C, 3v closed chamber heads, Comp Cams and lifters, FMX trans with 2500 stall converter, LSD, Edelbrock Performer 600 CFM, Sanderson ceramic shorty extractors and Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust.

2016 Deep Impact Blue GT manual with Roush exhaust.

I love it, I need it
I seed it
Eight cylinders all mine
Alright hold tight
I'm a highway star

Deep Purple, “Highway Star” (1971)

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
  • Car: 1965 Fastback
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2013, 10:08:33 am »
I did a mini tour of the US with the band and now I'm driving the roads wild and free.

I hired this gem in Denver, drove down to Albuquerque, visited a few Breaking  Bad film locations and am now in Phoenix.

For those with facebook more shots here.

https://www.facebook.com/stephen.mikulic/media_set?set=a.10152282619938642.1073741835.620613641&type=1

s

Offline BLU302

• Worked
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2013, 12:14:45 pm »
Anyone going to the 50th aniversary bash in Vagas next year....?
Hi Pete
We're going to Charlotte instead although we are spending a few days in Vegas on the way
Cheers,
Bob

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2013, 12:44:43 pm »
Left LA now in Bakersfield of the drags ,Hey Stephen are you  flowing me ,i was in Albuquerque then Phoenix a few days ago .

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2013, 12:46:32 pm »
Is Route 66 easier to follow and more interesting from Albuquerque to Las Vegas than Oklahoma to Albuquerque?

I preferred Albuquerque to Las Vegas as I love the desert scenery, it changes over every hill, be sure to visit the painted desert too. If you can, visit Santa Fe as well, it's rather unique.

s

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2013, 12:59:24 pm »
Stephen go for a drive over to Tuson and have a look at the plane grave yard and holding yards ,miles and miles of them .The 50/60s  missiles that they have there also .

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2013, 01:17:44 pm »
Stephen go for a drive over to Tucson and have a look at the plane grave yard and holding yards ,miles and miles of them .The 50/60s  missiles that they have there also .

Damn, that sounds awesome but I'm headed west to San Diego next and these drives are killing me. Google Maps 6 hour drives are actually around 9 hours.  Not sure if it's the road vibrations, altitude change or the Dodge itself but at the end of the day my ears are numb, almost ringing, very odd as it's a smooth ride.  Haven't experienced it before.

s

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2013, 01:20:58 pm »
Hey Stephen are you  following me, i was in Albuquerque then Phoenix a few days ago .

Yep, also looking for Walter White and Jesse Pinkman, have you seen them around, lol.

Funnily I hit ABQ a few days early of the R66 tour run by Dale, unfortunately I can't wait around to meet up to have drinks with him and/or his crew.

s

Offline big al

• Worked
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2013, 04:06:05 pm »
Yes Pete, I will most certainly be in Las Vegas

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2013, 05:04:14 pm »
Stephen ,you must go to the organ stop pizza mesa,1149 E.SOUTHERN AV ,MESA .... IT IS A MUST ,DAY OR NIGHT .

Offline Pinto Pete

• Blue Printed
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2013, 03:49:27 am »
Hi Pete
We're going to Charlotte instead although we are spending a few days in Vegas on the way
Cheers,
Bob
It was a toss up which way to Bob , but doing a tour to Vegas with Bosscraft....
Big Al , maybe catch up for a sherbet or 5...... :cheers:

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2013, 09:57:11 am »
Stephen ,you must go to the organ stop pizza mesa,1149 E.SOUTHERN AV ,MESA .... IT IS A MUST ,DAY OR NIGHT .

I've had a few good pizzas here, it's either pizza, Mexican or burgers, lol.

Am in San Diego now, unfortunately didn't get to stick around long enough to go to Mesa.

s

Offline edspaged2

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2013, 08:28:19 am »
I did a mini tour of the US with the band and now I'm driving the roads wild and free.

I hired this gem in Denver, drove down to Albuquerque, visited a few Breaking  Bad film locations and am now in Phoenix.

For those with facebook more shots here.

https://www.facebook.com/stephen.mikulic/media_set?set=a.10152282619938642.1073741835.620613641&type=1

s

When my missus and I were in Alberqueque we did the same. Went to visit the breaking bad spots. When we went to the Walter White House they were setting up for filming the next day. Went back in the morning and got to speak to Bryan cranston and Vince Gilligan. Absolutely fantastic blokes and very friendly. Got them to sign our lonely travellers book. They let us stay to watch them film too which made our day. Love that show!

As travelling goes I'm over in Scotland at the moment. My mrs father let me take his 2011 aston martin vantage out for a spin. Bloody hell those things hammer. I wish he didn't cos now its made me want to aim a bit higher with myself now to buy one! One thing I found quite funny with it is it has a little spot in the dash lower left hand that a pen is in. A little pen pocket lol

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2013, 12:58:08 pm »
Went to visit the breaking bad spots. When we went to the Walter White House they were setting up for filming the next day. Went back in the morning and got to speak to Bryan Cranston and Vince Gilligan. Absolutely fantastic blokes and very friendly. Got them to sign our lonely travellers book. They let us stay to watch them film too which made our day. Love that show!

Awesome!

I'm now in San Diego, the drive from Phoenix was pretty cool, very flat dry landscape then you hit some breathtaking canyon/mountain areas before SD.

s

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2013, 04:45:23 pm »
Left Bakersfield tonight back in LA ,going to pomona swap at 5 am ,can not wait to get home for a rest .Just went to LAX airport to change flight home staying an extra week ,tried to do it on the phone and net but f/en hopeless so drove into city LAX and did it there .

Offline big al

• Worked
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2013, 04:25:23 pm »
ok pete, I will always be up for that.....A few of the guys on the same tour that your on are wanting to organize a boys night out in vegas...just have to see how that goes down with the women!!!!!!

Offline Pinto Pete

• Blue Printed
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2013, 03:50:53 am »
ok pete, I will always be up for that.....A few of the guys on the same tour that your on are wanting to organize a boys night out in vegas...just have to see how that goes down with the women!!!!!!
done... going with a mate the wives are staying at home..... :cheers:

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2013, 04:46:24 am »
Left Bakersfield tonight back in LA ,going to pomona swap at 5 am

I did a drive out past Pomona to check out Cal-Mustang for some parts.

http://www.cal-mustang.com/index.aspx

We leave today, saw Steel Panther last night at the House of Blues, a piss-take band who send up the 80's Hair bands, very talented and funny guys, the show isn't PC, saw quite a few boobies on stage last night, lol. Joe Fatone from the BackStreet Boys got up on stage with them and did an awesome job, apparently they have a different special guest at each show.

They're playing each Monday night in October.

s

Offline pone65

• Stallion
  • 1965 C code SA member #767 MOCSA
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2013, 08:48:22 pm »
Hi all from (sanur) Bali, arrived on Monday great friends  :cheers: & weather. For the next 3 weeks.