'C' stripes

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 'C' stripes  (Read 2670 times)

Offline tangman

• Stallion
'C' stripes
« on: July 13, 2010, 07:29:05 pm »
Hi Ho all you poni Fans,
Some advice please guys.Keen  to put on the C stripes onto my 68 vert.The 67 Gt stripes look better but seeing as it aint  67 I think it best not to mix up the years Wot do yas reckin'.Also mine is Ford Saphire Blue so I was going to go with white.Should I go the extra and go down the reflective path?Any suggestions on suppliers etc ?

Thanks. :redpepper:

Offline tangman

• Stallion
'C' stripes
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 08:19:25 pm »
Thanks T-code, checked it out .I don't know about the U.S.$130.?   ???

Offline tangman

• Stallion
'C' stripes
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 10:03:02 pm »
Wot about the guy from First stripes out of Sydney?Any one dealt with them?

R_Beckhaus

R_Beckhaus
'C' stripes
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 02:45:24 pm »
I bought mine from my local Parts Supplier, They are a 3M product, so quality is good, an d the instructions were clear and easy to follow. They cost $112.00 a couple of years ago. I think, on your sapphire blue, silver would look real nice - if they are available in silver, that is. I went for a red & black look myself.(see my avatar). Good Luck
Cheers, Ron B

Offline tangman

• Stallion
'C' stripes
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 03:56:45 pm »
mmmmm, silver?,now I'm really confused.

Offline tim_morrison82

• Blue Printed
    • http://s806.photobucket.com/home/tim_morrison82/allalbums
'C' stripes
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 04:32:29 pm »
i have seen silver reflective stripes on a 68 fastback, and that looked quite nice. it was on a dark blue. it was also at night...

Offline 67FBGT

• Blue Printed
  • Car: 1967
'C' stripes
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 01:08:37 pm »
It can depend on the overall colour combination, & it's all personal taste, but I tend to think if the main colour of the car is metallic then stripes often look better integrated in the design when they are metallic too.
I have a '67 FB in a darkish-blue metallic, & opted for silver for the painted on 'Shelby-style' stripes & the stick-on GT-style lower side body stripes rather than the usual plain white that is typically used.
Personally I like the 'C' stripes, as to me they make a car really stand out from the herd of modern cars including little Jap cars that can also have stripes stuck all over. And yes, the metallic or reflective ones do look especially good at night.
I found Photo-shop useful to mock up various colour combinations to help me decide before I painted.

Offline tangman

• Stallion
'C' stripes
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 02:59:26 pm »
I can get a good deal on reflective white C stripes,so at this stage wiil probably opt for them.Have'n't seen silver reflevtive so not sure but I think that reflective is the way to go.