lakeside 4th july

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: lakeside 4th july  (Read 2056 times)

Offline badnews

• P Plates
lakeside 4th july
« on: July 04, 2010, 07:53:28 pm »
well i went to lakeside today for a look around and see what it was all about. anyway i got the chance to enter the works mustang gt in the tri car event ahahaaha. i did not think i would stand much of a chance with the boss being in his zo6 and our zr1 was in it as well plus a heap of other big power cars.  there were a few other mustangs out in it as well so being the only ford from work i had to give it a good go to keep the blue oval flying lol. and i smoked them ahhahahaha the old gt went like a dream 1st in the slalom event and 3rd  in the sprint with a little bit of a moment at the dipper coming onto the back straight:omg: and just got piped by 0.5 of a second for the overal trophy :banghead: anyway i had a great day and to keep the flag flying heres my picc :cry:

Offline derwin66

• Blue Printed
lakeside 4th july
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 08:28:02 pm »
Great day as well, will post up a few photographs soon.
65 T code coupe.
Blown 302. Heidts suspension, tricked C4
Gear vendors overdrive, RRS rack and pinion
Street or track roller perches adjustable struts.
60 F100.
Warm 289, AOD

Offline nifty-b

• Thoroughbred
lakeside 4th july
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 09:55:03 am »
Yeah guys , what a great day it was at the "All American Day" @ Lakeside yesterday ,
Congratulations to QRW & Lakeside & all who were involved with the organizing & running of the day, well done !!

Bring on the next muscle car event @ QRW or Lakeside

And thank's for letting me take your Cougar out for a run Rod , cheers,  I owe you a beer or two  :drink:

Offline Pedro

• Worked
  • Name: Peter
lakeside 4th july
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 10:07:55 am »
Quote from: badnews link=topic=11290.msg118222#msg118222
well i went to lakeside today for a look around and see what it was all about. anyway i got the chance to enter the works mustang gt in the tri car event ahahaaha. i did not think i would stand much of a chance with the boss being in his zo6 and our zr1 was in it as well plus a heap of other big power cars.  there were a few other mustangs out in it as well so being the only ford from work i had to give it a good go to keep the blue oval flying lol. and i smoked them ahhahahaha the old gt went like a dream 1st in the slalom event and 3rd  in the sprint with a little bit of a moment at the dipper coming onto the back straight:omg: and just got piped by 0.5 of a second for the overal trophy :banghead: anyway i had a great day and to keep the flag flying rquote]

Congratulations .... great effort.

On a side note, I have to say thay Z06 is a great looking car but the exhaust note ....... I was expecting a throaty growl but it sounded like a strangled cat. Maybe its the blower.

Offline badnews

• P Plates
lakeside 4th july
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 09:00:26 pm »
i no what you are saying about the exhaust mate not realy what you expect from such a powerfull car.
it is the only car we have done recently to pass the sound test for compliance with out any issues.
our head sales guy is no driver ahhahaha he always manage's to bungle the launch lmao but holly criest
it go's hard without any effort. it is a very easy car to drive but somehow he makes it look slow but at $366,000
you don't want to end up in the wall or crash it as there would be piccs all over the net and how would you sell
it after it had been bent.