Mustang owners..motivational speakers

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Mustang owners..motivational speakers  (Read 7614 times)

Offline ozford

• Worked
« on: May 25, 2010, 08:37:45 pm »
The average joe pays big $$$$$$ listening to zillionares , property moguls and lucky bast@rds who have made money without working at all.
Been on this forum along time and i've noticed a lot of mussy owners own there own houses, businesess, boats and cars outrite and still remain Down to earth hard workers. Ive been mustangless for over 2 years now and still no closer to owning another one...or my own house....boat....harley....Gt falcon....ute...etc etc   :w
so if any of you blokes want to give motivational talks just say where and when:a:(

Offline moe

• Top Streeter
  • Name: "Moe"
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 09:03:02 pm »
Easy....  how bad do you want a mustang and what would you give up to have one.
Same goes with the house.  

I remember not long after I got my first mustang, a bloke at the local shops came over and said it was the best shape ford ever made.  Just wished he could afford one...  and went and jumped in his brand new GTS commodore and left.  To me it was about priorities and focusing on the dream.

Offline JC074

• Blue Printed
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 09:24:27 pm »
Work hard and the spoils of your efforts will come....

I work 60+ hour weeks, and have done so for over 15 years.

If you sit back and watch the world pass you by...it will...

I read a book once about Christopher Skase (yes the now departed dude), and he said how he'd get out of bed early, and work late - because it meant that each day he'd have at least 5 hours on his nearest rival..... times that by 7 days and thats 35 hours a week.....

Sure he wasnt everyones cup of tea...but he had a point...competitive advantage can lead to more spoils!

Ohh, and enjoy life

JC
Rock on!

Offline mach70

• Blue Printed
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 10:58:30 pm »
I think you could be in the wrong state.

Come to WA, work in the mines and buy a shed load of toys........

Only thing is you would more than likely do FIFO....

Offline tim_morrison82

• Blue Printed
    • http://s806.photobucket.com/home/tim_morrison82/allalbums
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 11:35:10 pm »
FIFO just gives you a week home to play with the toys in the shed!

Offline shane427

• Pony
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 11:29:56 am »
Its easy mate. You either have to work hard or differentiate yourself (i.e. do something that is unique and different).

The other thing you can do is take risks, but these risks need to be coupled with the above to things....

Offline tim_morrison82

• Blue Printed
    • http://s806.photobucket.com/home/tim_morrison82/allalbums
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 11:45:21 am »
buy a house, and put the first home owners grant towards a project... we were lucky to get in just before they toughened up the lending criteria. then unlucky when i became redundant 3 months into the mortgage... but i had already pulled the car down so i 'couldn't' sell it (according to the wife! Woohoo!).

i think i would feel safer doing a resto then just having a driver. then you know your car is going to last. having a driver with hidden nasties can have you smiling and on the road, but if you enjoy it too much its gonna be hard to pull it off the road to fix that stuff up.

thats my opinion.

you could always win the lotto!

Offline 6T9rustang

• Worked
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 11:53:09 am »
Quote from: tim_morrison82 link=topic=10706.msg110456#msg110456
FIFO just gives you a week home to play with the toys in the shed!

I get two weeks to play!!  2on 2off!:2       ....my sacrifices made for my toy are my choice of employment and commitment to 'staying off the pi$$.

Offline ponyride

• Blue Printed
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 12:45:39 pm »
If you're serious, and by putting up the post you've shown yourself as being open to ideas and tips which is hugely important, read all the good stuff. Go to the library and get out motivational/inspirational books, you'll be amazed at what you get out of them. Go to the business section of a bookstore and browse the motivational books there, pick a couple that fit with your way of thinking and buy them. They will be the best money you ever spend. Start with "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie. Surely one of the greatest books ever written.

Read the financial sections and columns of the papers, not just the raw data and headlines about things you can't do anything about, but good columns by financial wizards (Noel Whittaker as an example) on financial management and wealth strategies.

Be willing to take calculated risks with your money unless you have that much that you can afford to lose it on a gamble.

Be open to new ideas and look out for opportunities and if they come up, grab them, don't die wondering.

If there's something holding you back from doing what you want to do or being where you want to be in life, take the steps to change that, things do not change on their own. You only get one life, make the most of it.

Don't believe that anyone with lots of money has never really worked hard, it just doesn't happen unless they're born into it. Working hard means different things to different people though.

I am fortunate enough to have gone through great changes  and a "reinvention" as the term goes, Don't be afraid to do it.

The Mustang will come, but take stock of Maslow's hierarchy of needs.

I hope this hasn't come across arrogant or as a lecture, it's just what I firmly believe in and what has worked for me.

You asked!

Best of luck.
Rick

Offline Rich

• Stallion
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 01:36:18 pm »
OZFORD
There are only 24 hours in a day. I intend to spend as few of them asleep as possible.

Start small and build up to one. Maybe some cheaper cars along the way. Buy cheap, sell for a little bit more. My first car was a $175 Holden ute! Sold it for $450. Then paid cash for a $1500 HG Premier, sold it for $2100 after some hard work on the tidy up... slow but steady..Try not to think of the quest as a 25K up front start... Not many of us could lay down that sort of $$ at a glance...
Hope this helps,

R

Offline JC074

• Blue Printed
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2010, 05:54:44 pm »
ohh and you'll need a car dealers license if you sell any more than 5 cars in WA per year :)

LOL

Sorry Roch couldnt resist dude ;)

JC
Rock on!

Offline 66RedRagtop

• Supercharged
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2010, 05:57:03 pm »
Ozford, by not owning a boat, I probably don't fit your idea of success. Anyhow, the first thing is to take stock at what you are good at, or can be good at. It doesn't have to be technical...you can be good at selling. Then put together a plan to start a business. Once you have decided what business you want to be in then sometimes it's a good idea to start a first enterprise with a partner. Finding one is a matter of scouting around to find someone compatible. However it's absolutely vital that a new business focusses totally on providing a service or product that people want to buy. Do that sucessfully and the rewards will follow.

Always keep in mind that while owning a business can make a good living, the big reward is gained by setting up the business so someone wants to buy it. Then you keep repeating the process.

You might even find a Rupert Murdoch comes along and asks you to name your price.  Then you can have houses, interstate apartments, whatever cars you like, and even a boat or three, but it takes a few years to get there.

So start on a plan today  :o to make that happen. ;2

Offline ozford

• Worked
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2010, 06:34:45 pm »
see i told you mussy owners make good motivational speakers ;3
hopefully theres alot of younger blokes out there starting out in there mussy jorney reading and taking in this advise ;_:(
cheers Nev

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2010, 06:57:02 pm »
The secret, if you wanna cal it that is multiplication, get as many people to work for you as possible, thats how Maccas works!
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Real muscle cars have 3 pedals. Where theres smoke theres Tyres

Offline ozford

• Worked
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2010, 07:22:56 pm »
Quote from: HEVEN67 link=topic=10706.msg110623#msg110623
The secret, if you wanna cal it that is multiplication, get as many people to work for you as possible

wosn't that a movie with that batman guy?:w
Quote from: JC074 link=topic=10706.msg110404#msg110404
Work hard and the spoils of your efforts will come....

I work 60+ hour weeks, and have done so for over 15 years.

JC ..mate, how on earth do you find the energy and enthusiasim to enjoy all of your mussys after working long hours?;w. im totally buggered after a 35 hr week

Offline Dyn4mic

• Worked
    • http://dynamicstang.blogspot.com/
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2010, 08:31:21 pm »
i drive a 3cyl daihatsu charade and costs me $30 a tank to fill which i do every 1.5 weeks, driving a <b>[Censored B]</b> box car that runs on the sniff of an oily rag has allowed me to save a hell of a lot of cash, and ive worked with guys who get 25+ thousand dollar loans to buy new commodores and fords, but i will eventually wen i get my stang be alot better off with a nice classic car that people actually look at as opposed to a new car, in my opinion and lots of others anyway! so cant say i dont want this enough !!! :P
Name: Pete
67' Coupe

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
  • Car: 1965 Fastback
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2010, 08:59:32 pm »
Quote from: ozford link=topic=10706.msg110625#msg110625

JC ..mate, how on earth do you find the energy and enthusiasim to enjoy all of your mussys after working long hours?;w. im totally buggered after a 35 hr week

People who work that many hours really like what they are doing and it isn't work to them.. sort of.

You will find many successful people started in a business they were very passionate about.

s

Offline Foresight

• Blue Printed
  • Captain Crash
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2010, 09:00:39 pm »
Quote from: ozford link=topic=10706.msg110625#msg110625

I know this is directed to JC but heres my 2 cents

Between work and other "non fun" commitments its not unusual for me to work some serous hours...where i find the energy and entusiasm for mustangs is they keep me sane while im at work (just by thinking about them) and when im not working they allow me to relax. I guess it just depends on the person.

If you want a starting point on books to read then try these:
Think and grow rich - Napoleon Hill (Just ignore that it was written a while ago - the dude was way ahead of his time)
Richard bransons biography
Anything Donald trump
The cashflow quadrant - Robert Kiyosaki
Rich Dad Poor Dad - Robert Kiyosaki

Set realistic goals and then smash them...men are not judged on their dreams, they are judged on their ability to make them reality.

Peace

Offline ponyride

• Blue Printed
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2010, 09:11:26 pm »
Quote from: Dyn4mic link=topic=10706.msg110645#msg110645
i drive a 3cyl daihatsu charade and costs me $30 a tank to fill which i do every 1.5 weeks, driving a <b>[Censored B]</b> box car that runs on the sniff of an oily rag has allowed me to save a hell of a lot of cash, and ive worked with guys who get 25+ thousand dollar loans to buy new commodores and fords, but i will eventually wen i get my stang be alot better off with a nice classic car that people actually look at as opposed to a new car, in my opinion and lots of others anyway! so cant say i dont want this enough !!! :P

Smart man. And that is precisely the way to do it. We always had less than most around us when we were a young married couple and now those who were blowing money on holidays left right and centre, and all the mod cons, not investing and not paying off their house wonder why they're not further ahead.
Rick

Offline ponyride

• Blue Printed
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2010, 09:13:21 pm »
p.s. Foresight I like your taste in reading material! Oldies but goodies. :( :(
Rick

Offline ozford

• Worked
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2010, 09:25:16 pm »
i drive a 3cyl daihatsu charade and costs me $30 a tank to fill which i do every 1.5 weeks, driving a <b>[Censored B]</b> box car that runs on the sniff of an oily rag has allowed me to save a hell of a lot of cash

so why do you call it a <b>[Censored B]</b>ebox if it saved you so much cash:+

Offline Dyn4mic

• Worked
    • http://dynamicstang.blogspot.com/
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2010, 10:17:30 pm »
Quote from: ozford link=topic=10706.msg110662#msg110662
i drive a 3cyl daihatsu charade and costs me $30 a tank to fill which i do every 1.5 weeks, driving a <b>[Censored B]</b> box car that runs on the sniff of an oily rag has allowed me to save a hell of a lot of cash

so why do you call it a <b>[Censored B]</b>ebox if it saved you so much cash:+

haha i will always call it that i rebuilt it so its the cleanest charade on the road with no oil or water leaks at all its immaculate condition but once u get it on the freeway it hates doing 100kmh and cant hear anything else but white noise!!! however it is no stang!
Name: Pete
67' Coupe

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
  • Car: 1965 Fastback
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2010, 06:23:33 pm »
Quote from: ponyride link=topic=10706.msg110658#msg110658
We always had less than most around us when we were a young married couple and now those who were blowing money on holidays left right and centre, and all the mod cons, not investing and not paying off their house wonder why they're not further ahead.

My mum tells me how when they first bought the unit, they sat on milk crates, etc. I also hear similar from other oldies, i.e. they had a mortgage and it took them ages before they had a fridge even.  You get youngsters saying it was easier back then but oldies tell you it wasn't, these days the little luxuries are so much easier to afford.

These days people get a mortgage then the next thing they do is fill the place with expensive furniture, etc. and wonder why they have to foreclose when the bills get too much.

Also, I'm still driving the same car I had in high school two decades back, I may spend a grand or two on it each other year with mods and it's running better than ever now. I have yet to fork out say $30k in one hit on a new car.

s

Offline ponyride

• Blue Printed
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2010, 06:29:50 pm »
We're starting to sound like The Three Yorkshiremen Stephen. Call that poor?! :+
Rick

Offline JC074

• Blue Printed
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2010, 09:27:50 pm »
Ozford - are you serious mate? Like really serious?? 35 hours and you're knackered??

Dude.... you sound like a Gen Y mate! I bet you that 90% of the users of this forum are doing 40+ hours a week..Im that confident Im even prepared to run a POLL..

Foresight shares the same ethos as I do...you work hard and you play even harder!

If you go the hard yards in life you'll receive the spoils if they be financial or in sheer satisfaction of doing something to be really proud off.

I didnt study my a$$ off for 10+ years in commerce to earn crappy wages....

I did it to have be able to live a lifestyle.... Im not well off either... I just earn an honest wage....

....and to those that say you only make big dollars if you have your own business..... they have probably never owned a small business... that statement is based on a hardcore old skool lame based myth  - fabricated off of zero substance.

Ive had a handful of small businesses and  just 2 (and I mean just) kept my head just above water, and the others nearly drove me to the wall.

My advice - get educated, and stop living off of inuendo and urban myths.

Each man does his own and is judged by only person - him self!

Enjoy your Stangs fellas and much as i do mine :)

Rock on

JC
Rock on!