Window regulator in 66 Coupe

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Window regulator in 66 Coupe  (Read 1188 times)

Offline Horselover

• Worked
« on: April 14, 2010, 08:11:31 pm »
Hi all,

I think i'm up for a new window regulator in my RH window. ;]

This morning when I arrived at work and wanted to put the window up it was not at all cooperative. ;w

I had to wind it down a bit then up a bit until I could grab the window and pull it up while winding the handle. ;]

I have taken the door trim off and cannot find any broken rollers in the tracks ;w

If I went with Electric life power windows what else should I do to make the glass slide up and down easily?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,
Warwick

Offline stormin

• Blue Printed
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 08:31:16 pm »
Hi Warwick
If all the rollers are Ok check that none of the nuts and bolts on the guides have come loose. Bit of lube may help or the felt guides have worn through and the window is digging in .
I just put electric windows in the new F/B and quite easy to put in and work a treat
Stormin

Offline BLKPNY

• Pegasus
  • Forum Sponsor
    • www.CustomMustangs.com.au
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 08:36:41 pm »
Yes, make sure everything is mounted properly, and tight. If the channel rubbers are worn, replace them. If the glass won't slide in the rubbers nice, some rubber grease will help.

I have put up pics of the Electric Life regulators in another post, if you are interested? I had more stock arrive today.
Custom Mustangs
0438 351 400 or 03 9782 8850
For Email CLICK HERE
2/14 Lakewood Blvd Carrum Downs Victoria
Signature Sponsor

Offline Petey

• Worked
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 01:26:57 pm »
BLKPNY,
I have been playing around with an Electric Life power window kit in an old door off my '67 f/b and am a little concerned at th speed of the glass going up and down. I'm sure iff the stops inside the frame happened to get loose, the window going up would shoot right out of the door!
A couple of questions:
1. Is there some sort of built in limit switch to stop the glass or does the motor rely on the operator letting go of the swich?
2. Can you slow the action down with a resistor to drop the supply voltage and would this hurt the motor?

PT

Offline BLKPNY

• Pegasus
  • Forum Sponsor
    • www.CustomMustangs.com.au
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 01:46:33 pm »
I have sent them your questions, I'll let you know.
I've never heard of it before though....
Custom Mustangs
0438 351 400 or 03 9782 8850
For Email CLICK HERE
2/14 Lakewood Blvd Carrum Downs Victoria
Signature Sponsor