DONE my head swap!

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: DONE my head swap!  (Read 12145 times)

Offline MILD67

• Worked
  • Name: Rob
DONE my head swap!
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2009, 07:59:33 pm »
ok, here we go, i went around to see paul at cve perfomance, and showed him my broken pieces and he said its from the wrong size pushrods,
so, ill be removing the heads and taking to him to be machined and fitted with screw in studs, ill get the heads back, refit and flatbed it to him to see what size pushrods and adjust the rockers.
should be going next week or 2.
Look at your car. Now back to mine. Now back to yours. Now back to mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine. But if you stopped buying dodgy cars and bought an 67, yours could be like mine. Look down. Back up. Where are you? ...You're on MOCA, reading the signature your signature could be like! Anything is possible when your car looks like my car...................

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
DONE my head swap!
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2009, 08:08:48 pm »
Thought that may be the case. you need to make sure you have the correct lenght rods so the angle of the rockers is correct and the wipe the stem correctly.

Offline MILD67

• Worked
DONE my head swap!
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2009, 08:26:03 pm »
oh well live and learn i say, only new to this and ill try anything
Look at your car. Now back to mine. Now back to yours. Now back to mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine. But if you stopped buying dodgy cars and bought an 67, yours could be like mine. Look down. Back up. Where are you? ...You're on MOCA, reading the signature your signature could be like! Anything is possible when your car looks like my car...................

Offline MILD67

• Worked
DONE my head swap!
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2009, 03:21:41 pm »
more updates, turns out they where right lengh pushrods :(
but i had tightened up the rockers to much :*
so paul is fixing them and ill bolt them back on and he'll come around and set them up for me.

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
DONE my head swap!
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2009, 03:46:16 pm »
cool

Offline MILD67

• Worked
DONE my head swap!
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2009, 04:03:42 pm »
ok, iv got the heads back and will fit again on weekend and then i have to call paul and he'll come around and do the rockers and check pushrods

Offline MILD67

• Worked
DONE my head swap!
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2009, 10:19:17 pm »
as i thought i need shorter pushrods, so have to wait till tuesday to start it up again.

Offline MILD67

• Worked
DONE my head swap!
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2009, 08:18:39 pm »
its now tuesday but paul cant come around as he said his missus is dragging him to a taylor swift concert. (i think he's dragging her along:w)
so it should be tommorrow night

Offline MILD67

• Worked
DONE my head swap!
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2009, 05:21:37 pm »
:a:a:a:a:a
all done, now just got to wait for it to cool down and check adjustment, thanks to stef (blkpny) and paul cve performance for there help.
it goes a lot better but now i need some bigger headers to replace the small pipe standard shorties.

Offline BLKPNY

• Pegasus
  • Forum Sponsor
    • www.CustomMustangs.com.au
DONE my head swap!
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2009, 06:56:01 pm »
Glad he could help :f
Custom Mustangs
0438 351 400 or 03 9782 8850
For Email CLICK HERE
2/14 Lakewood Blvd Carrum Downs Victoria
Signature Sponsor

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
DONE my head swap!
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2009, 07:52:32 pm »
Have you driven it? what's it like?

Offline MILD67

• Worked
DONE my head swap!
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2009, 09:01:49 pm »
it goes a lot better but need new pipes to make the most of it:(

Offline MILD67

• Worked
DONE my head swap!
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2009, 05:55:32 pm »
just a update, it runs a lot better, more power in higher revs and a little better take off, im happy with it atm, new pacemakers coming soon and then start collecting parts for a 347

Offline fatso1

• Worked
DONE my head swap!
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2009, 07:36:03 pm »
Would you reccomend this upgrade? I have a 289 i am thinking of putting on 302 heads new cam roller rockers and cleaning up the ports on the the new heads. May even pull and and do the bottom end new rods pistons etc i have been told roughy 2-3k if i do myself . Any thoughts opinions thoughts???

Offline MILD67

• Worked
DONE my head swap!
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2009, 07:52:39 pm »
i think it'll be worth it, but depends on carby, headers and stuff

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
DONE my head swap!
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2009, 10:06:22 am »
Originally posted by fatso1
Would you reccomend this upgrade? I have a 289 i am thinking of putting on 302 heads new cam roller rockers and cleaning up the ports on the the new heads. May even pull and and do the bottom end new rods pistons etc i have been told roughy 2-3k if i do myself . Any thoughts opinions thoughts???

Why would you use 302 heads? 289 heads prior to may 66 have built in puch rod giudes. Late 302 heads have lower compression and valve/ port size is the same really etc for really early, 289 heads or late heads light GT40 etc. 351 heads have bigger valves but are lower compression when used on a 289.  Also standard rods are fine, just reisze them and fit some arp bolts.

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
DONE my head swap!
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2009, 08:21:45 pm »
Originally posted by shaunp
Originally posted by fatso1

Why would you use 302 heads? 289 heads prior to may 66 have built in puch rod giudes. Late 302 heads have lower compression and valve/ port size is the same really etc for really early, 289 heads or late heads light GT40 etc. 351 heads have bigger valves but are lower compression when used on a 289.  Also standard rods are fine, just reisze them and fit some arp bolts.

If you do go down this path, dont use 69 heads as they have are small volume and may lead to pinging.
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100