rubbish under cowl vent

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: rubbish under cowl vent  (Read 4611 times)

Offline gvincent

• P Plates
rubbish under cowl vent
« on: June 09, 2005, 11:02:16 pm »
I have a couple of questions about the cowl vent for a 66 mustang if anyone can help me. Rust does not seem to be a major problem at this stage, so I might be overreacting, but I've read some horror stories about cowl leaks etc.

Firstly, where is the water supposed to drain out of the cowl when it pours rain?

Secondly, is there an easy way to get the rubbish out that has built up under the cowl, particularly at the sides?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Offline blueprint

• L Plates
rubbish under cowl vent
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 06:17:31 pm »
The drain outlets are on both sides of the cowl towards the front, they are of course under the guards :cool:

to clean them out......., well...... i suppose if it was quite dry in the cowl an air gun with some tube attatched to it may work ? , but you would need the guards off for that to be done through the drain outlets.

mine had stacks of crap in there but during the wiper conversion i was able to remove all the crap and apply a waterproof membrane at the same time.

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
rubbish under cowl vent
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 07:02:21 pm »
Yeah guards off. Then lots of air and tweezers and bent wire and anything else you think of at the time. A very time consuming job, but it needs to be done.
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100