1971 Mach 1

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 1971 Mach 1  (Read 3693 times)

Offline BAC

• Supercharged
  • Name: Brian
  • Car: '71 M code auto
1971 Mach 1
« on: November 08, 2021, 10:26:11 pm »
Thinking about selling my '71 Mach 1 M code auto finished in Light Pewter metallic.

This is a high spec car sporting its original drivetrain including 351C with 4V closed chamber high compression heads and C6 auto.  All numbers match VIN tag including engine and frame.  Original space saver spare and inflation bottle are still present in the trunk.  Factory options include deluxe Mach 1 interior with console clock, tach dash and fold down rear seat.  Factory correct Ram Air induction system was added at some point.  Car also has the original '71 only one piece pop off gas cap which are now incredibly rare.

SoCal vehicle all its life before imported by me and is as rust free a 'stang as you will ever find.  It has an older repaint in the original factory colour which is starting to show its age with the usual chips and scratches here and there but still shines up OK.  There is evidence of minor crash repair on one front fender with a few hairline cracks in the filler.  There are also some ripples in the underside of the front of the hood consistent with the car having had a tap in the front at some point in its life.  There is zero frame damage and the chassis is as straight as an arrow.

Updates I've made include replacing the unreliable factory console clock with a modern quartz version and also the rear quarter window wind down conversion.  Wheels are tuff looking Riddler polished 17x8" at the front and 17x9" at the rear fitted with near new Kumho Ecsta Sport tyres.  I've had the C6 auto completely rebuilt and installed a modern worm gear LSD in the 3.50:1 ratio diff.  Long tube headers have been fitted in place of the restrictive factory exhaust manifolds and the car runs Magnaflow mufflers. Wheel bearings have also been replaced and dash lights are now LEDs throughout.

This is an extremely solid driver quality car as it sits with nothing to spend, but also has the bones to be turned into a show car if you want.  With the prices of nice '69 and '70 Mach 1s racing towards $100K, the '71-'73s will likely follow in the next couple of years.

Pics and more info available on request.  At this stage looking for offers around $50K.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 11:46:33 pm by BAC »
Cheers,
Brian