Tuning 66 Mustang

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Tuning 66 Mustang  (Read 1696 times)

Offline heeno

• Stallion
Tuning 66 Mustang
« on: November 09, 2020, 11:42:45 am »
Hello all,
Does anyone know of any good old school mechanics in the Brisbane area, southside for car tune. I just want to make sure that the Holley and the ignition timing curve are both in sync with one another. Id be prepared to consider anyone down at the Gold Coast given that I will be there in a couple of weeks. Peter

Offline barnett468

• Cobra
Re: Tuning 66 Mustang
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 12:49:54 pm »
you should also have your ignition timing curve set to the optimal level while you are at it but good luck finding anyone that can do that anymore, cuz most of the old school guys like me that know how to do that are dead now, lol.

Offline heeno

• Stallion
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 01:00:35 pm »
Thx Barnett. That is exactly what im chasing which might lead to some carby tweaking if need be. I called Terry Summer from Southport re Southern Performance to see if he could fit me in next week while i am at the goldy for a few days but alas booked out in advance for a month. Be great to see if im getting the max out of what i have and know that i have it set right. Do you have a workshop do you?

Offline barnett468

• Cobra
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 01:07:00 pm »
Thx Barnett. That is exactly what im chasing which might lead to some carby tweaking if need be. I called Terry Summer from Southport re Southern Performance to see if he could fit me in next week while i am at the goldy for a few days but alas booked out in advance for a month. Be great to see if im getting the max out of what i have and know that i have it set right. Do you have a workshop do you?
Yes I have a workshop, and can definitely do all that for you, unfortunately, I am around 6000 miles away from you in the US. You could try sending glenn and shaunp a private message if they don't post on here soon.

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2020, 02:38:01 pm »
Book in with Terry at southern performance on the Gold Coast . You will need to book in a few weeks before .  Southern performance Southport .

Offline Tempest

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2020, 10:54:00 am »
Try Southside Dyno in Springwood.

Both Greg and Simon are good to deal with.