Bad experience with a Blueprint Stroker motor from Rocket Industries

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Bad experience with a Blueprint Stroker motor from Rocket Industries  (Read 1825 times)

Offline Ford_V8

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Eddy
I'd like to share a bad experience with a Blueprint Stroker motor I bought from Rocket Industries to warn others before they make the mistake I did.

https://shop.rocketindustries.com.au/search?search%5Border%5D=code+asc&q=blueprint+engine

1st of all, let me say, I contacted Rocket about my problems with my motor, and they didn't even respond. I also gave bad feedback about the motor on their website in June 2020 because it has no feedback. Interestingly, two days after I posted negative feedback, the feedback had been deleted. That's how you keep your company product image clean!

I paid $8,600 for this motor 3 years ago (they now sell for $110,500) and even before I fitted it, I found chunks of cast iron on the top of the head when I removed the rocker covers to fit my cast ones. When the heads and sump were removed to check for any damage, one of the valve seats was sitting in crooked, holding a valve open.

When I finally installed the motor, I had constant issues with it running hot at any speed, no matter what I did. I contacted a number of people for help including PWR, Davies Craig and my local radiator shop. I fitted a big block radiator and a $300 Spal fan (and burnt one out because it was turning on so often on trips on the highway).

The short and long is, after 3 years and only 2300 km, the motor still ran hot but developed a ticking sound. I pulled the heads and No 1 cylinder had heavy scores in it. I pulled the motor and No 1 cylinder and piston was toast. This explained the constant overheating.

I pulled the motor down before I took it to the engine rebuilder and nearly all the parts, the crank, pistons, heads, cam etc had no brand names. The only name brand part in the whole motor was the ARP head bolts.

So far it has cost me $4500 to rebuild this motor to give me a warranty as No1 needed re-sleeving and I needed at least one piston needed replacement.

The only positive out of my rebuild was that Blueprint Engines in the USA were great and did provide me a free set of pistons and rings, I just had to pay freight from the Australia Post Freight Forwarding Warehouse (Shopmate) in the USA.

These motors come with a dyno sheet, but I have been told by someone who has experience in this area that they just dyno the first motor, and then just check the next couple of hundred motors have good oil pressure and are quiet and change the serial number on the dyno sheet.

I could have had my original motor rebuilt with a scat crank and rods kit, quality heads, cam and pistons for less than this motor has now cost me.