Damn Door #$&#@

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Damn Door #$&#@  (Read 5460 times)

Offline Pete

• Worked
Damn Door #$&#@
« on: May 31, 2005, 10:00:36 pm »
I just fitted a new exterior door handle. Looks nice, works well. I'll just lock the  car up. Works well. I'll just unlock it. Not happy. Luckily I did this with the window down. After 3 hours of poking, pulling and prodding the door lock pivot with bits of wire, screw drivers and anything else I can think of, the door still will not unlock. Someone please tell me that I will not have to pull the door trim off from inside the car. Any suggestions ????????????

Offline Phantom

• P Plates
Damn Door #$&#@
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 01:56:24 pm »
I suggest you replace the door.
I saw a pink one on ebay recently that might be right up your alley:f

Offline Pete

• Worked
Damn Door #$&#@
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 11:52:24 pm »
Hmmm................ don't I know you ??????  Door fixed, but I think you already know that don't you, Mr. T.

Offline jas24zzk

• Worked
Damn Door #$&#@
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2005, 12:22:18 am »
Pete,
      1st bear in mind i am not a frequenter of this forum...yet. I was pointed here from another user of a  different forum.

What you have is either an adujustment, or wear and tear (sometime overcome by adjustment) issue.

tinker tinker tinker son, or take it to a pro.

i am a beater by trade, self employed...my adivice is free.
you do NOT need a new door!!

replies via email please.

Cheers
Jas

Offline Pete

• Worked
Damn Door #$&#@
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 01:43:53 pm »
Thanks Jas, the door is fixed. The previous owner had fitted a latch patch panel inside the door frame and used boltS which were too long to attach the latch in place, making the door lock mechanism jam up. A new door was never on the agenda,our friend who suggested that was just having some fun at my expense. So, for all you others out there reading this, and you all know who you are...........MY  @#%$* CAR IS NOT  %@*PINK !!!!!

o.k.!!!!!:_:*:*:_)

Offline Phantom

• P Plates
Damn Door #$&#@
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 11:52:22 am »
Its not $%**$/>@** PINK
It's just normal PINK

Offline Pete

• Worked
Damn Door #$&#@
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2005, 10:44:56 pm »
:[ A certain part of your body might be pink, very pink after it's been dealt with by a size 9 Blundstone.