67 289 Radiator

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 67 289 Radiator  (Read 7214 times)

Offline Michael

• L Plates
67 289 Radiator
« on: May 30, 2005, 08:16:34 pm »
Hi All, Well I have everything ready for my 6 to 8 conversion except for a radiator. Does anyone know if there is a Radiator than can be used for a conversion. I am after a 3 or 4 row. I do not want to modify the radiator support panel/rails. It appears to be a double flange set up. I have tried a couple of radiator shops and they can do the core but not the tanks or straps etc. Also a pair of hoses would be handy. I know the falcon xp fits the old 200cu but unsure on the 289.

Regards

Michael

Offline Pete

• Worked
67 289 Radiator
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 10:44:52 pm »
Buy a 3 row radiator from an XR/XT Falcon, top outlat should be on drivers side (RHD) and bottom inlet on pass side. These are available from most good radiator suppliers and are a close match to the original Mustang radiator. Good Luck.

Offline Homer

• L Plates
    • home
67 289 Radiator
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 07:24:57 pm »
XW & XY are the same too !!!

Aren't they??

Offline Michael

• L Plates
67 289 Radiator
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 11:08:21 pm »
Sorry guys forgot to mention that the one I am after is the standard radiator. Inlet and outlet are on the same side as each other(Passenger Side - (LHD))

if the XR,XT or XY XW radiator can be used, will these be cross flow and do you know if hoses that will fit and clear be purchased also.

Regards

Michael

Offline Homer

• L Plates
    • home
67 289 Radiator
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005, 05:13:56 pm »
Originally posted by Michael
Sorry guys forgot to mention that the one I am after is the standard radiator. Inlet and outlet are on the same side as each other(Passenger Side - (LHD))

if the XR,XT or XY XW radiator can be used, will these be cross flow and do you know if hoses that will fit and clear be purchased also.

Regards

Michael

(Passenger Side - (LHD) hmm
 both my outlets are on the right hand side, drivers side on a right hand drive car, battery side, 302 windsor,

what sort of motor do you have ??

Offline Michael

• L Plates
67 289 Radiator
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 06:27:52 pm »
Hi Homer,

The lower outlet from the water pump is on the Left (Looking at the engine facing the car is on the Left Hand Side. Passenger Side me).

The engine I have is a 289 Windsor.

What I was asking is if there is a radiator that can be purchased for another ford that will fit without modifying the radiator support panel etc. Not many radiator shops can help when I asked for one to fit a 67 Mustang. If an xy or similar will fit are the outlet sizes also the same and do the xy hoses fit also (Shape).

Regards

Michael

Offline jas24zzk

• Worked
67 289 Radiator
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2005, 12:29:17 am »
Michael,
      there are many variations to this theme.... i.e you can get water pumps and thermostat housings with different outlet sides.

email me direct and i can put yuo onto an australian supplier to suit.
mind you...the more cores the better..esp if you are city based......4 cores is good, 5 is better...an extra 500 on a radiator vs X on a rebuild..you choose.

Cheers
Jas

Offline 66ccode

• Stallion
67 289 Radiator
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2005, 09:46:13 am »
Michael,

Depending on where you are try Aussie Desert Cooler in Preston Melbourne. He had a 3 core for my 66 off the shelf. $360. Im sure he would have one for a 67. I assume what you are really after is a radiator that would have been fitted as standard for a 289 in a 66. Regardless, Aussie desert coolers can make you up whatever you need in either copper or aluminuim.

Offline 66ccode

• Stallion
67 289 Radiator
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2005, 09:48:05 am »
Quote[I assume what you are really after is a radiator that would have been fitted as standard for a 289 in a 66.]

Sorry, I meant fitted standard in a 67.