Technical & General Discussion Area > Tech Torque Pre 1973

Converting reversing lights to indicators

(1/7) > >>

bank1957:
Looks like 64 1/2 mustangs don't like the new LED rear light setup that I installed. Works in the day time, but at night no blinkers at all.
Thus I thought about changing the rear reversing lights into blinkers, since my reversing switch is dead.

What's needed to do this, is it simple or do I get an auto electrician to do it?

barnett468:
One way is this.

The wires for the back up lites go from the lite thru the lower trunk extension and you can see them come up inside the quarter panel in the trunk.

Locate those wires where they go into the harness under the trunk lip.

Go to the left tail lite assy and locate the green/orange wire that connects to the tail lite assy.

Cut that wire in half

Cut the left back up lite wire in half

Connect the wire that is attached to the back up lite to the green/orange wire that goes into the car, not the end that goes to the tail lite housing.

Go to the right tail lite assy and locate the orange/blue wire that connects to the tail lite assy.

Cut that wire in half

Cut the right back up lite wire in half

Connect the wire that is attached to the back up lite to the orange/blue wire that goes into the car, not the end that goes to the tail lite housing.

Have a cold, tasty.......yup...Fosters Lager!   :agree: . . :lmao:

bank1957:
Thanks, and have a Bud on me!

barnett468:
hmmm....decisions, decisions...

shaunp:
As well as swapping the wires in the back you need to swap the location of both the reverse light switch and brake light switch, under the dash, you have to swap the entire circuit over, so that the reverse lights are now reverse and indicator and the brake lights are just brake lights.

Or take it to John Greene at Probe engineering in Wynnum

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version