Stub Axles (AGAIN)

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Stub Axles (AGAIN)  (Read 6653 times)

Offline ants

• Thoroughbred
Stub Axles (AGAIN)
« on: April 14, 2015, 05:38:27 pm »
A quick question that I hope Shaun will be able to give a quick answer on.
I already have XC stubs in my '70 but at the moment don't know if they're the later taller ones or the earlier version. Question is, if I  have the shorter stubs in it is there any significant improvement in handling by going over to the taller stubs?. It's not a race car, just a street car. I don't have a problem changing over but don't want to do it only to find there is no real improvement for a road car.
Cheers.

Offline boofhead

• Blue Printed
Re: Stub Axles (AGAIN)
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 05:49:35 pm »
I do not think an average driver and car would notice any difference. The slightly higher UC BJ Point only adds a small amount of extra camber under upward suspension movement. Stock mustang suspension is often a little warn, tyres have larger profiles and alignment rather conservative so they tend to wonder around and be less precise anyway. So without the change being co-ordinated with a set of other upgrades then that change on its own, I would expect, would not be noticeable.

Offline ants

• Thoroughbred
Re: Stub Axles (AGAIN)
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 08:11:12 pm »
Thanks boofhead, was in to big a hurry to get out of work and posted this in wrong section.
Front end is nearly all new, just have to shorten sleeves in radius rod bushes and do spring saddles to get rid of squeak. If it turns out I have the shorter stubs I may change them for the longer ones if I come across a set but won't spend to much of my time chasing them.