Does anyone know the torque setting for the camber pin nuts?

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Does anyone know the torque setting for the camber pin nuts?  (Read 8344 times)

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
Hello after half a dozen wheel alignments and discovering the camber pin nuts were stripped I would like to tell the mechanic what to torque them to . Does anyone know the torque setting for the camber pin nuts please?

1967 Mustang Convertible with fries and the works, hold the rust, no timber thank you, go easy on the Bondo and I'll have that in Right Hand Drive please.

Offline mert

• Supercharged
Re: Does anyone know the torque setting for the camber pin nuts?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 07:08:09 pm »
68 shop manual - lower arm to underbody 75-100 lb-ft
8R01S, 8R03S, 8R01C-Cal Special, 8F01X - EXP500 Repli-bute

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 08:48:36 am »
Hello after half a dozen wheel alignments and discovering the camber pin nuts were stripped I would like to tell the mechanic what to torque them to . Does anyone know the torque setting for the camber pin nuts please?

Thanks got that, the real problem was that the aftermarket camber pins ahd a short thread ans therefor would never tighten enough, they just ran out of thread, that problem is fixed well, now,

Cheers

Paul
1967 Mustang Convertible with fries and the works, hold the rust, no timber thank you, go easy on the Bondo and I'll have that in Right Hand Drive please.

Offline shaunp

• GT 500
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 08:10:54 pm »
I only use K-mac brand heavy duty bolts, XY falcon ones. Washers are twice as thick and nuts are double length.

Offline Mustangpaul

• Look before you leap
  • Worked
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 09:16:19 am »
I only use K-mac brand heavy duty bolts, XY falcon ones. Washers are twice as thick and nuts are double length.

Normally I would say that advice makes cents, but your advice is so good it makes dollars :thumb: