Hydraulic vehicle positioning jacks

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Hydraulic vehicle positioning jacks  (Read 7227 times)

Offline Gallop

• Thoroughbred
Hydraulic vehicle positioning jacks
« on: December 16, 2013, 02:20:04 pm »
I want to purchase some hydraulic vehicle positioning jacks or go-jacks.  (I am in Brisbane.)  I am after some advice please:

Where to purchase?

Weight capacity (I estimate my coupe to weigh 1360kg. Most single jacks have a weight capacity of 680kg)?

Brand (are some better than others)?

I have included a link below as an example.

http://www.transquip.com.au/categories/HYDRAULIC-%26-GARAGE/VEHICLE-LIFTING-%26-MOVING-EQUIPMENT/GO-JACKS/

Thanks.

Offline MachDave

• Thoroughbred
Re: Hydraulic vehicle positioning jacks
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 05:17:40 pm »
Hi Gallop

Early this year, I bought two from SupercheapAuto.......see the link here...........

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/SCA-Vehicle-Positioning-Jack-Hydraulic-680kg.aspx?pid=128776#Cross

They were on special back then, two for the price of one.   I have used them a few times on the Mustang, works great.   Our car has 15inch wheels, and are 255's on the rear, the jacks have no problem fitting these.

A friend of mine had problems with his trailer (broken wheel studs), we even used them the jacks to move the fully loaded trailer from the street into a shed for repairs.

Handy item to have.

Good Luck
Dave

Offline MachDave

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 05:22:22 pm »
I just noticed the Supercheapauto webpage for this item has a "Multi-Buy" discount.
2 for the price of 1 offer is on again.

PS: I did have a problem with one of mine, but took it back the next day for a replacement, Supercheap just replaced it straight away.  No issues since.

Offline mert

• Supercharged
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 08:19:43 pm by mert »
8R01S, 8R03S, 8R01C-Cal Special, 8F01X - EXP500 Repli-bute

Offline malscar

• Worked
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 09:55:33 pm »
Weight capacity (I estimate my coupe to weigh 1360kg. Most single jacks have a weight capacity of 680kg)?
Thanks.

Remember the weight you are quoting is distributed over 4 wheels although more would be over the front wheels. Those go-jacks would easily work for you.

It would only be a problem where you want to balance the car on one wheel. If you manage that, I want photos.

Offline MachDave

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 10:23:49 pm »
As Mert said above, the special at Supercheap ends today, still enough time to order them online ??

Offline MachAttack

• Worked
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 11:06:28 pm »
That's easy Mal...... :lol:

Offline Gallop

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 01:58:32 pm »
Thanks for the replies everyone.  I was not able to get the Supercheap special but I do notice Supercheap's website shows a price reduction from $199 to $132 until 22/12.  I found a few other places in Brisbane that sell the item also. Now I just need to decide whether to buy a second Stang. (I need the jacks to fit both cars under my house.)