Technical & General Discussion Area > Members Cars

65 Fastback A code Nut & bolt resto

(1/29) > >>

65FastbackAcodeRestoration:
I imported my Fastback about a year ago now, as i bought it on ebay it was bound to have a few surprises upon arrival... I searched for about a year to find one for the right price and that was a factory 4 speed V8. Original Colour was Caspian Blue with blue interior but it had a thick high build primer smothered over the body hiding any hidden trouble spots and original paint was long gone. I've paint stripped as much as I can but some of the primer is simply too hard and thick to absorb the stripper. It came with all interior parts but completely original and seen better days, a 289 in unknown condition, and what I have since found to be a Borg Warner T2 4 speed not a toploader.
This is my first Resto, and is obviously going to be a lot of work/expense etc but since I invested so much time into picking the car and waiting for it to be shipped (7 months) I am willing to see thru the project. I am not going with original Caspian blue as blue is not my thang, instead it will be Raven black with all black interior, but all original in every other aspect as I live in SA. Here are some pics of when we unloaded the bad boy at the docks, and some pics of what was hiding beneath!

Also, if anyone could  recommend a place that does a full body media blast and prime at an affordable price, would be very helpful! (located south in SA but willing to take it North etc)

Arrival in cali at the docks..

all original, this car must have been sitting for years, obviously not a recent driver..

chained into the bay, missing some essential items, not numbers matching to my knowledge..

Santa was good to me... :drool:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version