Within Bodie Stroud's '69 Mustang beats the heart of Mario

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Within Bodie Stroud's '69 Mustang beats the heart of Mario  (Read 6192 times)

CPU

CPU
Within Bodie Stroud's '69 Mustang beats the heart of Mario
« on: December 15, 2012, 02:14:28 pm »
Was trawling the net and came across this.  Put ya bibs on lads  :drool:

"By Jeffrey N. Ross
Posted Dec 4th 2012 12:45PM on http://vimeo.com

There are plenty of custom car builders out there, and like many of them, Bodie Stroud's talents are probably only outdone by his love and knowledge of cars. Take this project he completed last year, for example. While it is instantly recognizable as a 1969 Boss Mustang, Stroud has customized almost every aspect of the car combining the heart of a Can-Am racecar with the styling of a classic funny car to create one of the coolest modified first-gen Mustangs you'll ever see. The build process was documented – and recently released – by director Julian King in a video called, The Real Thing.

For the funny car look, Stroud chopped the top, widened the body and added some fat tires in the back. The true beauty of this beast is under the hood with a very unique engine powering Stroud's 'Stang. Using one of 10 engines developed for Mario Andretti's 1969 Can-Am racer, this car is powered by a 494-cubic-inch V8 that was dyno'd at 777 horsepower. To handle that kind of power, Stroud replaced the Mustang's unibody chassis with a custom body-on-frame design that features pass-throughs for the exhaust and a four-wheel air suspension setup. The car was unveiled at the 2011 SEMA Show with Andretti in attendance to sign the monster engine."

Be sure to click on the picture below the video to see some eye candy pics  :omg:

[once video is playing, click the 4 arrow symbol next to the Vimeo logo in the bottom right corner of the video to watch full screen]

« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 03:04:54 pm by CPU »

Offline Ash

• Supercharged
  • Name: Max Power
Re: Within Bodie Stroud's '69 Mustang beats the heart of Mario
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 08:52:06 pm »
Chopped roof, widened body, 18.5 inches of rubber on each rear wheel. This thing is an animal!

There's a good clip somewhere, maybe on here, with Jay Leno about it.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Kernel Sanders

Offline Ash

• Supercharged
  • Name: Max Power
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Kernel Sanders

Offline deathsled

• Pony
  • I'm new here
Re: Within Bodie Stroud's '69 Mustang beats the heart of Mario
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 09:58:55 am »
My first car was  1969 Mustang coupe that my grandmother bought for me when I was 14.  There was always a strong impetus in our family to drive.  This 69 is nothing like what I had.  I can only imagine the trouble I might have gotten into with such a weapon of mass destruction.  Love the 69 Mustang fastback!  I still wish I had my coupe though. 
Life goes too fast for residential speed