Club Permit

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Club Permit  (Read 83255 times)

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Club Permit
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2011, 08:43:39 pm »
Dead66, sorry to burst your conspiracy bubble but the log books do not have to be kept after your scheme dates expire.  So the log book are never audited, unless you are the subject of an enquiry.  

Entries are required where the vehicle is operated more than 100 m from the listed garaged address.  This is outside your front gate, not the distance from your garage.

The system is much better than it was and is pretty well priced for 90 days usage.  

If someone is unclear on the above Q&A's, have a read of the AOMC website or refer to the Road Rules & Regulations.  The AOMC works pretty hard with VicRoads and Government agencies to develop these rules.

Offline usa289

• Worked
Club Permit
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2011, 09:22:22 pm »
Macka,

Got my full rep renewal the other day - over $540 - so I am considering  changing to CH rego.

AS I cannot get to Mleb for a few weeks with the car, what sort of docs/report do you need from my mechanic to prove its roadworthiness. Is a full RWC required?

Thanks,

Terry G.
[align=center]
USA289
[/align]

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Club Permit
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2011, 09:44:09 pm »
Terry, U2U forwarded.  :thumb:

Offline SXTY8

• Worked
Club Permit
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2011, 10:18:22 pm »
Another thing I discovered when I received the 90 day renewal for one of my bikes today is it's easy to check your usage.
A quick check of the log book showed that I rode it 7 times since Feb first, so I rang them up and changed it to a 45 day permit.

Offline dead66

• Thoroughbred
Club Permit
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2011, 05:18:38 pm »
Hi guys, I read the posting and can not understand why you say that its more flexible.

Stallion wrote earlier ( Hi there, I am from NSW and was thinking how could we implement this great Club Permit Scheme in NSW? , It is more flexible than what we have now.)

Now as I understand it so tell me if I have it incorrect with the details as I only have to follow the NSW rules.

As I see it, With what the Vic roads and South Aust roads is putting up is very restricted and extra money for them. From the facts that I have read and under stand from what I have been told..
In NSW we pay $56 for 12 months, in Vic they pay $45 for 45 days or $90 for 90 day and in South Aust its $150 for 90 day.
Is this correct?
In NSW you can use your car on any club run, to and from the servo for oil or fuel and with a 20cent phone call to the plates register if you want to take it out for repairs or test run. the more outings your club puts on the more you can go out. If you join two clubs you can double that and if you and a few friends wish to drive around Australia for 4 months you can and go into any state on NSW plates, this can not be done on the book system as you are stuck half way around as the 45 day or 90 day would be up.
You can use your car on any tours put on by other clubs if they send an invite to you or your clubs that you belong to....
By my counting you could take your car out as much as you want and still be inside the plate system all for $56.. and some 20cent phone calls.....

Also one other point that I was thinking, if you drive around town for your ninety day then the car can not go out again till the next year and if you take it out to get an inspection for next years rego or a quick trip then it can not be moved as it is unregistered and you would be driving it against the rules.....  Ray

Offline TimR67

• Worked
Club Permit
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2011, 06:16:11 pm »
It sounds like you need full rego Dead66,  that provides you with the ability to drive your car anywhere anytime.  Club rego may not suit everyone but it sure is gunna suit me.

Offline pony13

• Stallion
Club Permit
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2011, 07:25:40 pm »
I will need club rego soon for my 66 could someone tell me who to talk to about this or some contact details.
In Victoria that is.
Mark.

Offline nickd

• Worked
  • MOCA Vic Member 924
  • Name: Nick
  • Car: 1965 Coupe
Club Permit
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2011, 07:42:40 pm »
Graham Folwell is the co-ordinator for MOCA Vic, his number is in the Club magazine.

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Club Permit
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2011, 09:22:55 pm »
nickd. you can ring either myself or Graham, we are both South Eastern suburbs.

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Club Permit
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2011, 05:05:21 pm »
Just bringing this back up again.  

The L and P plater ruling for LHD vehicles will be adjusted soon after the next AOMC meeting.

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Club Permit
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2011, 10:44:33 pm »
OK, the AOMC has accepted that there is no restriction for drivers of LHD vehicles.

P Platers are restricted to power to weight ratios and no V8's etc and no turbos or superchargers  .......
L PLaters can be taught with any size, but must be supervised.

I have adjusted the Q&A page on here and will include it in the Vic. club scheme folder.

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
Club Permit
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2011, 07:46:21 am »
That clarifies it for all of us, thanks for all your help Macka!
And once again congrats on your award, it was well deserved.:fantastic:
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline dalex

• Worked
Club Permit
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2011, 07:59:02 am »
As an FYI on the cost of this in Vic I have had savings in first year of over $2,000. This is from stamp duty on first registration, avoiding engineers certificate being a post 68 build, and the lower registration.  I could also have avoided putting in Australian design belts, but I had done that before the scheme kicked in.

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Club Permit
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2011, 12:04:20 pm »
We have been flat out with signing on new cars and cars that were under full rego to this new scheme and there still seems to be alot of questions being asked regarding the process to get it.  Contact either myself, Graham or Joe from the Club if you are need any further info.

At first instance, whether your car is unregistered or currently registered then you will need to obtain a roadworthy certificate for it which is good for 30 days from the date of issue.  You will then need to contact one of us to book the scheme inspection date and time.  At the inspection we will then check the vehicle, VIN and engine numbers, stamp your completed VicRoads scheme application form (available on VicRoads website) and complete the contract between yourself and the club regarding the use of the permit.  If the vehicle has not been registered before then we will need to sight your Import (DOTARS) approval.  The use of the vehicle and log book will be explained to you.  

After the completion of the inspection the paperwork can then be taken to VicRoads for the issue of Club Permit Scheme stickers, Log Book and 2 plates.  You will not need to take the car to VicRoads and there is no stamp duty to be paid.  You do not need to make an appointment for registration, which is normally $48.00.  We will need to know the number issued to your vehicle so that your contract can be issued to you.  The cost for 90 days use including log book and plates is about $130.

Each year you will need to renew your permit with a co-ordinator's approval but you will not be required to attend an inspection or RWC for this.  Annual inspections will be conducted at club events such as runs etc.

It is a simple process and many members have found the reward in costs and flexibility that the system provides.

If you have read the Q&A information above and you think it might be for you and you still have any further questions regarding our Club Permit Scheme you should contact either Graham FOLWEL (9752 9081) East , Craig McKENZIE (0417 561 246) East or Joe BORG (9743 7438)West suburbs who are our Club Permit Scheme officers for Victoria.

Thanks

Mac
:comp:

Offline BLKPNY

• Pegasus
  • Forum Sponsor
    • www.CustomMustangs.com.au
Club Permit
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2011, 03:33:08 pm »
Macka, I've just read the regs above, and just wanted to check a couple of things.

If I bought a 1986 F Truck, I would need an Engineers Report to say it complies with the applicable ADR's?
I could keep it LHD
I could sign write it
I could tow a car trailer to the races/summernats, go camping etc etc.
I could not use it to pick up pallets from my shipping company?
I could not use it to attent the Round up, if I am carrying my parts in it? But I could use it to tow my car there (and bring my marquee and parts in a seperate vehicle?)
I could have a 5th wheel hitch fitted, and tow a 5th wheeler?

Cheers mate
Custom Mustangs
0438 351 400 or 03 9782 8850
For Email CLICK HERE
2/14 Lakewood Blvd Carrum Downs Victoria
Signature Sponsor

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Club Permit
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2011, 04:00:25 pm »
Quote from: BLKPNY link=topic=13658.msg166970#msg166970
Macka, I've just read the regs above, and just wanted to check a couple of things.

If I bought a 1986 F Truck, I would need an Engineers Report to say it complies with the applicable ADR's?
I could keep it LHD
I could sign write it
I could tow a car trailer to the races/summernats, go camping etc etc.
I could not use it to pick up pallets from my shipping company?
I could not use it to attent the Round up, if I am carrying my parts in it? But I could use it to tow my car there (and bring my marquee and parts in a seperate vehicle?)
I could have a 5th wheel hitch fitted, and tow a 5th wheeler?

Cheers mate

Steph,

If the  Ford is within the boundaries and could be taken on by the scheme if its in its original form. ie: Unmodified.  An engineers report wouldn't be necessary.  

LHD would be OK.  The sign writing part was discussed at the AOMC recently, you could not do it if it formed part of providing a service or using the vehicle in the case of trade, hire or reward.  In other words, not being seen to use it to make money from.

Towing your own race or display car to an event would be fine as long as you weren't there to provide a service or seek reward.  A normal tow hitch would be ok but modifying it to take a turntable may be outside the relms of its original form for the historic scheme.

Before making any purchases though, I would lodge the intention with our club's committee to make sure it doesn't breach any part of the club's constitution and you are not left high and dry with a vehicle you cannot do anything with.

Offline BLKPNY

• Pegasus
  • Forum Sponsor
Custom Mustangs
For Email CLICK HERE
Signature Sponsor

Offline BLKPNY

• Pegasus
  • Forum Sponsor
Club Permit
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2011, 05:36:03 pm »
Would locally fitted & complied LPG be a modification (causing the car to need an engineers?)
Custom Mustangs
For Email CLICK HERE
Signature Sponsor

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Club Permit
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2011, 07:31:58 pm »
No, would not fall under VSI 8 but would need fitters certification and compliance plate fitted.  

Your fifth wheel question would be allowed as long as the turntable and assembly is fitted to comply with the version of Australian Standards 1771 Articulated Vehicles - Fifth Wheel Assemblies current at the time of installation.

Offline BLKPNY

• Pegasus
  • Forum Sponsor
Club Permit
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2012, 12:42:52 pm »
OK, so it would need to be a locally fitted and complied 5th Wheel, to be sure, rather than the one it comes with from the US?
Custom Mustangs
For Email CLICK HERE
Signature Sponsor

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Club Permit
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2012, 07:59:40 pm »
Steph, have a read of the VicRoads VSI 8 regarding mods and whats currently allowed without certificates, these are about to change around Australia to make it tougher on modified vehicles and engineers reports.  The fifth wheel would need local fitter certification and compliance fitted much the same as an LPG fitment would.  If it was a USA fit, i'd imagine a fitter here would have to check and tag as complying.

Remember, a club scheme vehicle needs to be in an unmodified condition and you would need to lodge the intention with our club's committee to make sure it doesn't breach any part of the club's constitution and you are not left high and dry with a vehicle you cannot do anything with.

Offline Red71

• Thoroughbred
Club Permit
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2012, 06:21:33 pm »
Hi Macka.

When completing the log book and you include the driver's name, is another driver permitted to drive the vehicle on that day as well? My concern is that if the other driver needs to be entered into the log book, it would use one of the preset number of days in the log book.

Peter

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Club Permit
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2012, 09:01:17 pm »
Nah, its fine.  Anyone who is licensed can drive the vehicle once its been signed out for the days use.  No extra lines of use are requirred.

Offline Red71

• Thoroughbred
Club Permit
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2012, 01:37:24 pm »
Quote from: Macka link=topic=13658.msg175337#msg175337
Nah, its fine.  Anyone who is licensed can drive the vehicle once its been signed out for the days use.  No extra lines of use are requirred.

Thanks for that Macka.

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Club Permit
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2012, 08:37:38 pm »
Just bringing this back up again for those that haven't read it.  Maybe it will save me answering some calls..