2001 Cobra needing new front and rear shockers can someone please advise where t

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 2001 Cobra needing new front and rear shockers can someone please advise where t  (Read 19808 times)

Offline Sally

• Worked
  • Name: Chris, Sally
Hello

Needing some help finding new front and rear shockers for 2001 Cobra I currently have Bilsteins but they are hard and I want something a bit softer.  Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers. Sally

Offline jiffy

• Supercharged
  • Name: Jeff
Do you still have your old ones?
Black '69 CJ 4SPD car under construction (425/504)
Black 2002 SVT Cobra - 2003 Terminator Clone (575rwhp/716rwtq - SOLD)
Black ‘63.5 Galaxie 4SPD fastback (just you wait...)

Offline Sally

• Worked
Yes still on the car  ,just looking what  is available

Offline jiffy

• Supercharged
ok - I'm a little confused - the 01/02 Cobra didn't have Bilstein shocks on it when produced or sold here, they were "just" Ford shocks.
Bilsteins are blue and yellow - I have them on my car, they were factory fitted in 2003/2004 to Cobra's in the US and not on the Australian cars.
If you have blue/yellow Bilsteins and want to try original shocks, I think I have my old shocks (the rears at least) that you can try to see if that softens the ride.
Has your car been lowered? If so, then that will probably define why its harsh as there is little travel left to soak up the bumps.

Offline Sally

• Worked
Hi ,thanks for the up date ,have orderd complete set from summit racing in states for areally grate price 
The hardest part is wait  ,ok thanks for info chris  :event:

Offline Giffo

• Worked
  • LIFE IS A MUSTANG
  • Name: Steve G
Jeff, I put Bilsteins (rear) on mine when I lowered it and put on 18" rims. Mine is a bit hard too. Lowered 30mm King springs all round. Great around bends. Hugs well. But feels every pot hole or ruts. Tyres are 35's on the rear too!!

ok - I'm a little confused - the 01/02 Cobra didn't have Bilstein shocks on it when produced or sold here, they were "just" Ford shocks.
Bilsteins are blue and yellow - I have them on my car, they were factory fitted in 2003/2004 to Cobra's in the US and not on the Australian cars.
If you have blue/yellow Bilsteins and want to try original shocks, I think I have my old shocks (the rears at least) that you can try to see if that softens the ride.
Has your car been lowered? If so, then that will probably define why its harsh as there is little travel left to soak up the bumps.
2002 MUSTANG COBRA - 4.6 SVT 5 SPEED - CONVERTIBLE.
Lowered Kings Springs, 3.73 diff gears, JTG CAI,  18" ROVOS DURBAN RIMS. MGW Short Shifter.  Slotted brake rotors. 2 1/2" SS Exhaust with Magnaflow high flow cats and mufflers.

Offline jiffy

• Supercharged
I added a set of Brembo's on the front from a 2000 Cobra R along with Cobra-R 18' wheels for a bit of extra stopping power.
Added King Springs long ago, and Bilstein's all round - can't say it was an improvement, but it's consistent...

Offline Sally

• Worked
Hthanks for the info ,,had to order Bilsteins fr,om  states  only ones who had fronts
Had  ahard time odering right shocks for rear  IRS suspension
What  did you order for rears mine were Ford Shock Bilstein-rearmustang Cobra coup 2OO3 -2004 
FORD  2R3Z-18125AA  HOPING THEY FIT CHEERS CHRIS

Offline jiffy

• Supercharged
Thats the ones