Kids Car Seat

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Kids Car Seat  (Read 1430 times)

Offline guido129

• Pony
  • I'm new here
Kids Car Seat
« on: March 22, 2021, 09:37:07 pm »
Anyone ever ask the Police or the RMS on if you can put a booster seat in the front seat for your kid, since most mustangs have a lap sash belt in the front. My car has only lap belts in the back seat. (Mach 1 1969 428)

I used to legally put my boy in the back seat with only the lap belt, but anchored to the back with an in built harness. Now he is too big and needs to be in a booster seat.

Legally can't use a booster seat if there is no Sash belt.

So yeah any one thought of this? (I know kids are allowed in front seat, only if no back seat. But i have foldable back seats.

Offline Reborn67

• Worked
  • Name: Andrew
  • Car: 67 Hardtop
Re: Kids Car Seat
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 08:36:31 am »
 For years I had a Landcruiser 'Troopy' [no back seat] so my only option was the front,  There is only a lap belt in the front centre so I bought an after market child harness,
Used the lap belt to secure the booster seat and the harness to restrain the child, not overly sure of the legal aspect but was 100% sure that was the safest possible option,

Offline LeglessOne

• Pony
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Shane
  • Car: 73 Mach 1 - 460
Re: Kids Car Seat
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 08:37:26 am »
I think you'll find the restrictions for kids in front seats are based around airbags and the resulting injuries to them in deployment of the airbags.

Not 100% sure on legality but pretty sure you should be right to put him in the booster seat of front in your non airbag car.

Shane