64-66 Pony seat set

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 64-66 Pony seat set  (Read 1533 times)

Offline Dwayne

• Blue Printed
  • Name: Dwayne
64-66 Pony seat set
« on: February 02, 2021, 10:44:11 pm »
Full set of rebuilt black pony seats (front and rear) to suit 64-67 Mustangs.    $2,800

- Frames stripped, inspected and repainted.
- New hessian, felt and foams fitted front and rear.
- New black TMI upholstery fitted

Ready to bolt in and enjoy for another 50+ years.

Can put on a pallet and ship interstate. Delivery Adelaide to Melbourne approx $140 via transdirect.com.au

I also have another set of frames ready to be rebuilt, so can prepare a changeover set with your old seats in a different colour.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 08:19:37 am by Dwayne »

Offline Dizzy

• Pony
  • I'm new here
  • Car: 1966 Coupe GT
Re: 64-66 Pony seat set
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 12:39:40 pm »
How long does it take you to fit the felt, foams and covers once you've done the cleanup and repairs to the base/backs. My 66 needs new foams in the drivers seat and I was thinking I would have a try at the process myself with TMI or American Cushion foams. Do you have to replace the felt when using new foams? Any tips for a novice who's budget doesn't stretch to your great looking seat set?

Offline Dwayne

• Blue Printed
  • Name: Dwayne
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2021, 12:50:11 pm »
Pm sent

Offline USA066

• Worked
  • Robbo
  • Name: Colin
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2021, 01:26:05 pm »
Dizzy, I reused the original felts with new foam. Mine were in good condition and I would think yours should be ok to reuse. I purchased both the TMI upholstery and TMI foam from CJ Pony Parts,  they can be purchased either as a kit or separately if I recall.
Attached pics of how I refurbished my frames. Note how I reinforced the factory joint at the front of the seat, and re-welded the others.
I cleaned the frames with a wire brush, primed and painted with a 2pack and clear coat. Also, re-greased the slides. Now better than factory.
It took longer to refurbish the frames than it took to put the new felt, foams and covers on. I did the front and rear seats in about 4 hours (between beers of course). But I had a motor trimmer mate helping me though.

2007 GT Convertible
2008 Bullitt
1966 Coupe