Bad service

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Bad service  (Read 23686 times)

Offline Ben Rycroft

• L Plates
  • Every day in a Mustang is a good day
Bad service
« on: October 30, 2018, 04:04:42 pm »
On 24th July 2018 I had my new Mustang serviced for its first time at Rex Gorell Ford, Geelong.  I drove it home and to my horror, found it was leaking oil badly.  It went back on a tow truck and the sump bolt was found to have not been tightened properly.  Luckily no damage done and many apologies from service consultant Alex.  I paid $365 to have my car incompetently serviced by an apprentice without adequate supervision.  If a Ford dealer can't properly do an oil and filter change on a new Ford vehicle, then what does that say?  I have been offered half price on my next service, but they don't have to worry... I will never be back.

Offline Bucks

• Worked
  • Name: Dave
  • Car: 66 Fastback 289 4 speed
Re: Bad service
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 04:23:24 pm »
Couple more klms and it would have fallen out! engine dead :sick:

Offline Reborn67

• Worked
  • Name: Andrew
  • Car: 67 Hardtop
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 04:53:39 pm »
Exactly the same thing happened to me with my Hilux service, I only noticed it when it was parked in the street as l had a gravel drive and couldn't spot the puddle, of course Toyota were very apologetic and to a degree full of Sh#t excuses, Makes you wonder if the simple things are such a challenge how do they manage the complex stuff, doesn't say much for their "training" :ouch:

Offline Edz

• Worked
    • Checkout my car builds
  • Car: 66 Convertible V8 AODE
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2020, 08:53:00 pm »
I remember the maiden voyage in my FJ Holden which I had installed all V6 Commondore running gear (Motor, gearbox, diff brakes etc) and we went for a cruise towing a caravan to Cairns (2500 kms). When I got there I had to do an oil change and nearly sh#t myself when I realised I had forgotten to tighten the sump plug because it undid with my fingers. Needless to say, i never mentioned it to the other half! If the sump plug fell out you would have very little warning time between low oil pressure warning and engine damage.
Checkout my car builds - edzv8s.com
66 Convertible Bench Seat AODE 3.5 9"

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2020, 04:39:20 pm »
I had the same thing happen when I tool my old Toyota Sprinter to an Ultra Tune service centre years ago but in my case I think they purposely left the sump plug a bit loose. When I took it back they talked me into fitting a new head gasket. I still had the oil leak after however and took it back. I was then told that it was just the sump plug that had not been tightened up. I have never been back.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 04:41:21 pm by mwizz »