New member. Victoria. 1966 Coupe

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: New member. Victoria. 1966 Coupe  (Read 5229 times)

Offline Lilfox66

• P Plates
  • MOC VIC member #3216
  • Name: Brent
  • Car: 1966 Mustang Coupe
New member. Victoria. 1966 Coupe
« on: July 21, 2018, 09:33:04 am »
Hello all!

Just a post to introduce myself, Brent, my wife Jess, our 2 boys, Will and Brodie and our new 66.

We have just joined up here in Victoria! I’m new to Mustang ownership, this is my first. Wow, I’m learning quick!

I bought this car, for the most part, as we recently lost our daughter, Brooke,  to cancer. She attended a number of Mustang Club drive days where she was able to cruise around the carpark or race track at Sandown. She absolutely loved the hot laps and being allowed(by the owner)  to make sure she touched every part of the car she could reach at least twice. The feeling this gave to her and gave me in turn was my motivation... I want to give these children the same kind of thrills that she got! (Big thanks, always, to the owner) Brooke had a love for a particular fox teddy, which rides proudly on the parcel shelf, so in her memory we have named the car LILFOX!

I’ve picked up a Bionic Blue 1966 Coupe, 289 auto, rolling on Weld draglights with a tubular Mustang II front end.

It presents well overall. Some small fix ups were needed instantly- which most now are buttoned up and working correctly.

Myself and the boys have attended our first event, the B24 bomber display, this we a great day out and we really enjoyed it! Car ran beautifully, though the brakes decided to fail home bound just as we pulled into our estate! Caused by the current front caliper set up! So off the road again for a few weeks, new Heidts drop spindles, Wilwood master cylinder, brake booster and Wilwood front disks calipers etc are ordered and on their way! So back under the car i will go!

Well I apologise for the speech! We looks forward to seeing you all around!

Thanks for reading!

Brent

Offline Lilfox66

• P Plates
  • MOC VIC member #3216
Re: New member. Victoria. 1966 Coupe
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 09:34:23 am »
Some more photos -
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 09:52:16 am by Lilfox66 »

Offline Dwayne

• Blue Printed
  • Name: Dwayne
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 10:00:57 am »
Gorgeous car, hopefully it helps you remember all those special times you had with Brooke, and enjoy the new times with the boys.

Offline Lilfox66

• P Plates
  • MOC VIC member #3216
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 10:36:03 am »
Sure will be Dwayne! Thanks.

The boys had a great time at the B24 event, the guys and girls we met made us feel very welcome. Her ride was in a blue 66 couple also, so yes it keeps the special memories very close.

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 09:26:52 pm »
Welcome Brent Jess Will and Brodie. Love your ride. Hope to catch up one day to see your nice Pony. I am sure Brooke will always smile over your family's treasured car and your dedication to her is heart warming. Enjoy the journey guys!  :thumb: :coolpic: :hi: :event: :burnout: :smile01:
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 09:43:51 am »
Welcome to the forum. Beautiful car, love the colour. I hope you have many happy years with the Mustang.

Offline nickd

• Worked
  • MOCA Vic Member 924
  • Name: Nick
  • Car: 1965 Coupe
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 06:45:44 pm »
Welcome Brent. A nice looking car. Having attended the drive day at Sandown last year, we really got a buzz taking kids and their families for rides. Hope it helps you with all the great memories of Brooke.

Offline Mustang302

• Pony
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 09:15:22 pm »
Welcome Brent and family, a great car with incredible meaning.

Offline Lilfox66

• P Plates
  • MOC VIC member #3216
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2018, 07:40:00 am »
Thank you everyone so much!

Well a small update since the B24 display! A failed calliper turned into  new 2 inch drop spindles, front wheel bearings, wilwood front brake upgrade, new master cylinder, addition of a brake booster, new proportioning valve, new brake hard lines and braided flex line, new fuel hard line and flex lines, new water and fuel pump, timing case gasket replacement, new air filter and new radiator hoses— and some other small bits... let’s hope that’s it for a while.. on The road again! 🚙💨

Offline QIK70

• Thoroughbred
  • I'm new here
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2018, 05:47:56 pm »
Welcome mate !!