S550 audio system

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: S550 audio system  (Read 11886 times)

Offline BRUMBE

• Stallion
  • 2017 GT convertible
  • Name: Tim
S550 audio system
« on: April 17, 2017, 02:54:02 pm »
After much searching I have failed to obtain technical specifications for the S550 Shaker audio system that we receive in Australian specification S550 Mustangs.  My GT convertible arrives in August.  I anticipate audio upgrade (speakers at least) but am looking for tech specs on the power and other features of both amplifier and speakers so I get the right gear.

Can anyone help, please?

Offline marcazza

• L Plates
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 2017 GT Coupe
Re: S550 audio system
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 02:26:08 pm »
Just a bit of feedback on the stereo.
I picked up my MY 17 GT coup a couple of months ago and have found the stereo lacking in bass so have been looking at getting a sub fitted.
Can't find anyone at this stage who has the specs on the factory sub that's fitted in the States so looks like it's going to have to be an aftermarket unit.Just trying to find a unit that fits nicely in the boot.
 :thumb:

Offline louis599085

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 05:18:51 pm »
i use focal 3 way. 6.5inch bass,3inch mid, 1inch tweeter.. 10inch sub at back
Audison Bitone + 5.1amp.
Good enough

Offline BRUMBE

• Stallion
  • 2017 GT convertible
  • Name: Tim
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 07:02:40 pm »
OK.

Did you have to replace electrical / audio cable with higher specification cable to deal with higher power or was the OEM cable OK?

Offline louis599085

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 09:42:06 pm »
new cable ofcos.
almost 2000w system

Offline Sp00kS

• Pony
  • Currently in Market
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 09:45:09 pm »
new cable ofcos.
almost 2000w system

Hey Louis can I ask how much roughly. And did u keep to 10 sub that comes in car or get custom box for that area??

I'm concerned car isn't gonna sound as good as the Harmon pardon system I have in my car at the moment.

Offline louis599085

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 04:13:09 am »
Hey Louis can I ask how much roughly. And did u keep to 10 sub that comes in car or get custom box for that area??

I'm concerned car isn't gonna sound as good as the Harmon pardon system I have in my car at the moment.

6k, custom box. Im not sure about harmon kardon, depend on car. My Range rover got better sound than Benz ML, same HK 3 way system

Offline Sp00kS

• Pony
  • Currently in Market
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2017, 07:58:09 am »
Ah ok sweet. I think once i get my 2018 I will have a look at what work needs to be done on that as sound of car and good sounding stereo is a must. Waiting to sell my 1 M coupe at the moment but want to try match the audio fidelity.

Can i ask where you had it done?

Offline louis599085

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2017, 09:51:05 pm »
Ah ok sweet. I think once i get my 2018 I will have a look at what work needs to be done on that as sound of car and good sounding stereo is a must. Waiting to sell my 1 M coupe at the moment but want to try match the audio fidelity.

Can i ask where you had it done?

No Limited sound in south melbourne. All my car go there~

Offline FortyTwo

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Will
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2017, 03:42:32 pm »
Fellas, can i ask - I picked up my car last friday just gone . I thought the GTs (like mine) had the shaker audio with the subwoofer in the trunk -- but there's no sub in the trunk on mine! Is this right? Will

Offline cap70

• Worked
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2017, 04:14:19 pm »
No we don't get the sub, it is the shaker system but without the sub, the plug is there for the sub in the boot but the output isn't turned on, you have to get ford to turn on the signal.
They wouldn't turn it on for me until after I install the factory sub which is $1300. very annoying as I wanted to use a better cheaper sub.
Looks like im going to have to pick up the signals from the front the 6g forum has a thread that shows most of the connections.

Offline thisisdan

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Car: 2017 mustang gt
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2019, 03:54:25 pm »
hey cap70
is this the plug youre talking about?
The small brown and white one.
it isnt in any of the photos on the US forums. they have a blue connector next to the other plugs.
Thanks

No we don't get the sub, it is the shaker system but without the sub, the plug is there for the sub in the boot but the output isn't turned on, you have to get ford to turn on the signal.
They wouldn't turn it on for me until after I install the factory sub which is $1300. very annoying as I wanted to use a better cheaper sub.
Looks like im going to have to pick up the signals from the front the 6g forum has a thread that shows most of the connections.