Victorian Club Reg to WA?

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Victorian Club Reg to WA?  (Read 6225 times)

Offline swanson37

• Pony
Victorian Club Reg to WA?
« on: March 06, 2017, 02:49:08 pm »
Hi All,

Long time lurker, but first time posting. I have a 1972 Fastback, which I shipped over from the UK and registered (including roadworthy) in Victoria a few years back. I moved the car onto a Vic Club permit back in 2014 and then moved to WA later that year. The car has been on vic club plates ever since (albeit sat in my garage). I'm looking at getting onto WA plates now, does anyone know if it's worthwhile even trying to do a rego transfer here in WA without going over the pits - I have all the evidence of ownership, current Club Permit Logbooks and even the original Vic Roadworthy and Vehicle import approval from back in 2011..

What does the esteemed panel think, do I stand a chance of getting it registered or am I going to have to get it inspected?

Cheers
Simon

Offline USA066

• Worked
  • Robbo
  • Name: Colin
Re: Victorian Club Reg to WA?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 06:30:49 pm »
Simon, no easy way unfortunately in WA. If you want to go onto full rego, you need to start from scratch, vehicle will need to go over the weigh bridge and be inspected. We brought in a 07 Mustang from NSW about 3 years ago, and had to get it inspected. I don't believe you will be to transfer the licence from Victoria. Might be worth contacting one of the concessional licensing examiners from MOCWA to talk about concessional licensing in WA. Fairly restricted though. Details on their web site.
2007 GT Convertible
2008 Bullitt
1966 Coupe

Offline swanson37

• Pony
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 10:35:59 pm »
Yeah, that's what I thought, not looking forward to the inspection, getting a roadworthy in VIC and passing Import Inspection took a lot of effort and temper tantrums (mostly mine), not thrilled about the idea of going around again, I was hoping because it had already been licensed in my name I might get away with it!

Thanks for taking the time to reply though  :thumb:

Offline TerryD

• Stallion
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Terry
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 06:22:09 pm »
Just as a side note I live in a town in SW of WA.  Had a fresh import 1970 Chevelle inspected and registered at the local mechanic who was like an agent for the transport department.  I reckon it was easier..they were very fair and actually helpful.  Something to keep in mind if you can do that it's the way to go.