Saleen 302 extreme intercooler

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Saleen 302 extreme intercooler  (Read 5950 times)

Offline Neggy

• P Plates
  • I'm new here
Saleen 302 extreme intercooler
« on: January 08, 2017, 12:09:07 am »
Hi guys, just purchased my first mustang, a saleen 302 extreme. Whilst cleaning and familiarising my self with the car I noticed the coolant was low for the supercharger. I topped it up and started the car. I ran it with the cap off and it is pumping fine but the level was dropping. Checked the oil and it is perfectly clean. Checked the exhaust pipes and coolant is definitely coming out of the exhaust. I'm assuming the intercooler is leaking in the supercharger. I'm going to pull the supercharger top off tomorrow to confirm. Any ideas where I can purchase a new intercooler in Australia? Cheers neggy

Offline Neggy

• P Plates
  • I'm new here
Re: Saleen 302 extreme intercooler
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 04:33:23 pm »
Ok, now I'm pulling my hair out. I've took the top off the supercharger and can't see any coolant around the intercooler, I've put 12psi of pressure into the coolant refill tank and it is holding pressure. Any ideas what I'm missing or what might be wrong? I've definitely got water coming out of my exhaust because it was dripping at the downpipe connection. The oil is clean and the engine coolant level is ok? The car has only done 11000kms. I'm stuck please help! Cheers

Offline Husky350

• Worked
  • I'm new here
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 04:35:37 pm »
When do you have water coming out? On first start up? Are you sure it's coolant?

Most exhaust will have water coming out when cold. I had a clamp loose on the magnaflow and it left a small puddle under it from cold starts.

Offline jiffy

• Supercharged
  • Name: Jeff
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 05:51:47 pm »
What motor is it? I have a 4.6 DOHC S/C in pieces at the moment, happy to check intercooler parts if you need to?
Black '69 CJ 4SPD car under construction (425/504)
Black 2002 SVT Cobra - 2003 Terminator Clone (575rwhp/716rwtq - SOLD)
Black ‘63.5 Galaxie 4SPD fastback (just you wait...)

Offline Neggy

• P Plates
  • I'm new here
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 03:36:40 am »
Thanks for the replies guys, after wasting all weekend on the car I've realised it was paranoia. When I saw the supercharger coolant low and then saw the water coming out the exhaust on startup I put 2 and 2 together and got 5. The car is perfectly fine, apparently they do get a lot of condensation. Anyways at least it got me a bit more familiar with my new toy! Cheers

Offline Giffo

• Worked
  • LIFE IS A MUSTANG
  • Name: Steve G
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 08:04:25 pm »
What motor is it? I have a 4.6 DOHC S/C in pieces at the moment, happy to check intercooler parts if you need to?

In bits??? Why what happened?

:thud:
2002 MUSTANG COBRA - 4.6 SVT 5 SPEED - CONVERTIBLE.
Lowered Kings Springs, 3.73 diff gears, JTG CAI,  18" ROVOS DURBAN RIMS. MGW Short Shifter.  Slotted brake rotors. 2 1/2" SS Exhaust with Magnaflow high flow cats and mufflers.

Offline doubledeal bill

• P Plates
  • I'm new here
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 06:03:15 pm »
 hi what year model did you purchase?  mine is 2011 s302sc no problems at all but my health will soon make me put it on the market. the original purchase price was over $190,000, have no idea what its worth. its unmarked, immaculate, chrome ford race supercharger 6 speed tricked auto ,no rain or dirt roads 20,000klms kept in temp controled cave, hope to hear from you thx bill