69 trunk ( boot ) stripe & badge location

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 69 trunk ( boot ) stripe & badge location  (Read 7914 times)

Offline Greg H

• Stallion
  • No idea
  • Name: Greg
69 trunk ( boot ) stripe & badge location
« on: November 17, 2014, 07:41:43 pm »
Does anyone have the correct measurements of the trunk stripe location for a 69B 302?
Have searched this site , boss302 and concours mustang and seems it hasnt been bought up before.

I found one measurement going down from the badges but as there were no badges or badge holes when it got pulled down ,kind of hard to go by.

Which brings me to my next question anyone have measurements of the badges ??

There is a 70 boss 302 in our town i can compare to if these were the same on 69s and 70s, but not sure on that either.

Cheers guys

Offline skip70

• Thoroughbred
  • I'm new here
Re: 69 trunk ( boot ) stripe & badge location
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 08:12:44 pm »
Greg, see if you can get a copy of Don Farrs book for the Boss. It has a wealth of info all in one place.

When I did my 70 there were 2 options for the boot stripe. One for the Metuchen built cars which is higher and one for the Dearborn built cars which was lower (closer to the edge). Not sure about the 69 off the top of my head. If you search around for pics of original low mileage cars you may find what happened in 69.
Alternatively we have concourse judges on this board who will know for sure!

cheers.

Offline Greg H

• Stallion
  • No idea
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 09:27:18 pm »
Cheers Skip, have been searching for an original book, hell are they hard to come by,
Found one for sale ...... 3 years ago . Haha.
 Yeah interesting with the 70s with all the differences between the 2 plants, would of made it easier for you guys if they were all out of one plant id imagine when restoring.

Offline Pinto Pete

• Blue Printed
  • Name: Nigel
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 10:23:55 pm »
Get hold of Bosskraft he should know..
It is far easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission

Offline Herman

• Blue Printed
  • A bit of concours nutter, but I'm still learning!!
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 12:00:20 pm »
You can also get in touch with Tony Kilivington or Kym Turner from MOCA SA as they should be able to point you in the right direction.
Have now converted the other half into doing some of the Concours washin, cleaning & polishing stuff!!!!!!!!

Offline skip70

• Thoroughbred
  • I'm new here
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 04:05:46 pm »
Greg,

I had a look at Don Farrs book and it says that all 69's were built at Dearborn. Dearborn cars had the stripe low near the edge of the boot in 1970, but the book does not categorically state that it was the same in 69. There is also a difference with the black inside the trunk being tapered on Dearborn cars not square in the corners.

cheers.

Offline Greg H

• Stallion
  • No idea
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 09:26:21 pm »
Thanks guys. Going by all the pictures ive seen it looks like its only half inch to the centre above the boot lip, ill ask around , still have a few months before we need to stick them on anyway.
Cheers