Technical & General Discussion Area > Members Cars

63.5 Galaxie

(1/9) > >>

jiffy:
Here's my journey so far. Found a lovely looking 63.5 on Craigslist.

Had it inspected by Auto Appraisals Group and it got a clean bill of health by their Ford expert.

(tip: DO NOT USE these MF'rs...)

Car turned up and after rebuilding the suspension, steering, diff and replacing the exhaust, work started on these issues:

This is the painter/panel-beater. Great work, and a hard worker, but young - with all that implies.

So now comes reassembly. I have the majority of the trim on, the lights and grille are in, just about to put the bumpers on, then comes the headliner and windscreens, then I need to figure out the electric windows, lob in the interior and drive.

I think it'll look exactly like the car I bought, only it will BE sound rather than just LOOK sound....

69candy:
Good story!!! sort of. It will be a killa car when your done. Then you can get back to the yucky old 4 speed, if you stop playing with the 67 soft top :grin: :grin: :grin:

Clubman7:
Wow, clean bill of health.
Good luck with the rebuild.
Will be an awesome car.

GLENN 70:
This is why I tell people / buyers not to trust anyone when buying a classic without checking it out themselves .  You learnt the hard way ,but I hope it all goes well for you 👍

mwizz:
Can't wait to see the finished product. It looks like it will be amazing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version