That is what you call - A nasty experience!

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: That is what you call - A nasty experience!  (Read 16546 times)

Offline dodgybrosincorp

• P Plates
« on: September 02, 2008, 05:59:06 am »
Has anyone used Wholesale Dealer Centre to bring a car in
http://www.wholesaledealercentre.com/containershippingtoaus.html
cheers paul

Offline dodgybrosincorp

• P Plates
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 06:29:08 pm »
I rang the guy yesterday $2499 turned into $3000 and he is based in brisbane.He was very helpful though.I am going with a local bloke for $3300.
Cheers paul

Offline dodgybrosincorp

• P Plates
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 09:27:00 pm »
I think the money was about right. $3000 delivered to melbourne  equal cheapest i have found
cheers paul

Offline 68 gt390

• Pony
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 12:41:05 pm »
Try Pete Tate(a kiwi) hes based in LA and can find-inspect and ship. 001 310 683 9141  www.foytt.com

Offline bearcuban12

• L Plates
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 01:01:38 pm »
I have just used Wholesale Dealer Centre....  The owner was a really nice bloke to begin with, but my vehicle arrive with $ 1600 damage that was not there when it went into the container. He also has invoiced me for more of the container unloading costs than was my share.

He is now not playing very nicely.

The container unpackers say that they regularly receive containers from this company that are not packed correctly.

Make sure you get all of the guarantees in writing and proceed with caution.

Offline rocket

• Please visit our new Website
  • Blue Printed
  • MOCSA Member No. 894
    • Image Classic Cars
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 01:27:43 pm »
;}

T CODE, how are you getting on with your shipping people?

Found damage on both of our verts that were shipped by Titan Shipping. Somebody had walked over the bonnet on the 68 and put a nice dent in it. Ars...es!
They welded a couple of brackets to the front bar of the 69!
The bar was certainly rusty - but did not appreciate it!

But wait - there`s more - Titan shipped our66 fastback a couple of months ago. We paid for a sole container but it arrived in a big container with other cars. ( no reduction in cost ). The idiots sent the wrong paperwork with the car!
The paperwork was for the 68 vert that was still sitting at Titan`s holding yard. Caused a massive delay and problems with Customs at this end. Our Receiver/Broker - Loch M Fraser managed to sort it all out for us.

If we import again i will only use Schumacher Cargo Logistics. They are fuss free and on the ball.

Rocket.  
Check out our new Website

http://www.imageclassiccars.com.au/

Offline victorypark

• Worked
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 08:15:39 pm »

If we import again i will only use Schumacher Cargo Logistics. They are fuss free and on the ball.

Hi there Rocket,

Yes I have heard some really good stories about Schumacher.  If I was to go with a U.S. based shipper it would be them all the way. :(

Don't forget our local importers Ken and Tanya who also offer a great service.

Offline bearcuban12

• L Plates
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 10:44:46 pm »
It was a 17.5 ft boat that I brought back from LA - I paid him 3000 AUD to bring it back.

He put a Dodge charge on top (aka dukes of hazzard) and it pissed oil and petrol all over it, permanently staining the seats and carpet.

Also angle grinded part of the trailer off to fit it in between the wooden support posts for the vehicle above, instead of just putting the trailer in first and then putting in the support posts.

The boat rubbed up against the wooden dodge support posts for 8 weeks en-route cracking the hull beneath a rear cleat.

A brake drum fell off the dodge, smashing the fibreglass below.

They unscrewed a load of gear to fit it in, and conveniently lost the bolts and screws. There is other damage - I won't go on.....

He is QLD and I am in VIC, and he says he is going to put a lien on the boat as I will not pay him the incorrectly invoiced unloading costs. I want him to correctly invoice me (and then minus the damage from the correct invoice) I have then said that I will pay him immediately.

He says that he owns the boat as he imported it. He says that "Cool Cars, Boats and RV's" is his Australian company, and they are going to repossess it. The e-mail responses I have received from him reads like a Benny Hill Episode.

Watch this space:

a/ he will never find the boat

b/ I have never made an agreement with the company Cool Cars Boats and RV's that he says owns my boat. My solicitor says he does not have a leg to stand on - I will spend 8 - 10k tying it up just on principle.

c/ I will make posts like this all over the internet just for fun and it can never be construed as libel as it is all fact.

d/ This is just the beginning. He thinks he can spend $16.50 on registering a QLD Justice Dept security interest in my boat - it will cost him a lot more than that when he could have done the right thing and sent me a correct invoice for the correct amount which would have been paid immediately.

If you deal with Wholesale Dealer Centre or Cool Cars, Boats and RV's, please be wary. I am not saying do not use them, just be very cautious and make sure you are protected.

Offline rocket

• Blue Printed
  • MOCSA Member No. 894
    • Image Classic Cars
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 04:02:54 am »
;x
bearcuban12, Anybody who has imported cars will understand the frustration that you are experiencing!

It seems to take so long for your goods to arrive, and there are many doubts that run through your mind.

To have your goods damaged by careless packing is infuriating! And to then have disagreement with your shipping agent over the damage AND the cost must make you extremely angry!

You seem to be taking appropriate action.

Good luck to you, hope you can sort it out without too much added expense.

Rocket.

Offline rocket

• Blue Printed
  • MOCSA Member No. 894
    • Image Classic Cars
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2008, 04:24:04 am »
T CODE, Your Shipping company in the USA is responsible to get your car to the docks in your chosen port. In your case -Melbourne.

You nominate your Receiver/Broker - who will take care of everything from there. Things like Customs Clearance, Aqis inspection, steam cleaning.

Our Receiver/Broker is Loch M Fraser in Melbourne. They had our cars taken to Pestex at 63 Sims st West Melbourne. The inspection and steam cleaning was done there, and when the cars were released - that is where we picked them up.
Here is their website  http://www.pestex.com.au
But bear in mind that you would deal with your Broker - not Pestex. Your only contact with Pestex would be when you pick up your car.

victorypark, We have imported 8 cars so far. Schumacher were very easy to deal with, and we have been very happy with their packing, paperwork and also their time frame. As soon as we receive our Import approval we email it to them and they put the car on the next ship. An added bonus is that they use the direct ship which only takes about 20 days on the water. Website  http://www.schumachercargo.com/

I do not know Ken and Tanya - but would be interested to know how much they charge, direct ship or via China, time frame etc.

Rocket.

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2008, 06:01:08 am »
We use Schumacher, I agree with T-code, the are easy to deal with. I have only had one car arrive (luckily it was miine and not a customers) with the lower front guard pulled or caught on something as they loaded it but... thats the only problem so far. Never said anything about it to them considering some of the horror stories Ive heard... Thought Id give em a break........and Im a big kid, I look at it like this...if its there with a scratch 5 weeks later...atleast its there

Thats just the pros and cons of shipping cars

Offline Just4Show

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Chris
Re: That is what you call - A nasty experience!
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2017, 10:19:30 am »
This guy is such a fraud, he shows you cars that appear partially complete, and when you purchase them, the car isn't even together, things aren't even attached, it's just all jammed in there.

He is a fraud, stay away from him!

Buy from anybody else, i mean ANYBODY else.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 10:21:22 am by Just4Show »

Offline SXTY8

• Worked
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2017, 11:50:17 am »
The previous posting in this thread is over 4 years ago, don't tell me the guy is still operating if he's such a crook!
For what it's worth, I've used Brocks Classic Imports in Lilydale to ship 2 cars and 2 motorbikes since 2011, with the only damage being a scratch to one of the cars, but I have no way of knowing whether that damage was done during transport in the US, packing, shipping or unloading.
My latest car recently cost me $3400 LA to Melbourne with Customs fees and wharf charges adding roughly 1400 bucks. The thing that I most like about dealing with them is that as licenced Customs agents the container comes off the boat and goes straight to their factory and unloaded there by their workers who really care about the cars that they are handling.

Offline 69ISH

• Worked
  • Name: Rodney
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2017, 09:08:38 am »
https://insolvencynotices.asic.gov.au/browsesearch-notices/notice-details/WHOLESALE-DEALER-CENTRE-PTY-LTD-146303988/085076d3-d3f9-415f-bd6f-dc4edb3d34fb

WDC went insolvency in 2012 but that was only part of his businesses. I  think he is still trading,
When I  last dealt with him the 2 car/boat yards in Australia had closed down but he was still buying and selling out of his US office, He was at that time still importing  a lot of cars as well as converting caravans and importing those as well.

Mike has brought 2 cars in for me and the only things I can complain about is 1. He is slack in following up and 2. I bought a car whilst I  was in the US and it was organized to be packed on  a Friday and so we turned up on Thursday to pack a heap of parts in to the car and i had already been packed and loaded. He did send the parts in another container but they arrived 6 weeks after the car.

Generally happy and I would be happy to use him again
1969 Mustang Sportsroof (8+ year Project are they ever completed)
1969 Cougar Eliminator (Sadly sold)
1972 Gran Torino Sport (Sold)
1968 Mustang Coupe (Sold)
Read about "Eliminators" below
http://eliminator.mercurycougarregistry.com/

Offline Just4Show

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2017, 10:58:38 am »
Would rather put my money into a pile and light it on fire, they are shockers! Like i said before find anybody else and be happy to use them.

Offline 69ISH

• Worked
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2017, 06:22:08 pm »
Would rather put my money into a pile and light it on fire, they are shockers! Like i said before find anybody else and be happy to use them.
So you bought a partially complete car, did you see it in the flesh or did you have it inspected or did you just go of photos. Have you imported a car through him?

Offline Just4Show

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2017, 09:08:34 am »
So you bought a partially complete car, did you see it in the flesh or did you have it inspected or did you just go of photos. Have you imported a car through him?

He inspected it for me, told it was quite complete, however the nothing was screwed on, and then he imported the car for me.

Offline 69ISH

• Worked
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2017, 03:18:04 pm »
He inspected it for me, told it was quite complete, however the nothing was screwed on, and then he imported the car for me.
I would love to see his report.