Technical & General Discussion Area > Tech Torque Pre 1973

Ford Australia 1966 Mustangs

(1/7) > >>

Robbo66:
Just curious. Does anyone own or has seen one of the 160 or so 1966 Mustang coupes that were modified to RHD by Ford Australia? They apparently had VIN numbers starting with AA, an Australian Compliance Plate on the firewall and a plate on the RH door saying 'Made by Ford Australia'. With so few of them made you would expect them to be worth big bucks.

nassi:
There is at least one that is a member of MOCWA, but its not a coupe.
Its a lovely fastback, has the Aust compliance plate on the firewall.

Some info in here http://www.hammar.dyndns.org/~mexmust/findings.htm
cheers.

Robbo66:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by nassi
There is at least one that is a member of MOCWA, but its not a coupe.
Its a lovely fastback, has the Aust compliance plate on the firewall.
cheers.
--- End quote ---

Do you know if its a 65 or a 66?  Ford imported and converted a few mustangs in 1965 so some of those may have been fastbacks or convertibles. The 1966 conversions were all 289 auto coupes according to Ford Australia Communications.

nassi:
I cant remember if its 65 or 66 but will check next time i see it.
Until seeing this car I was under the impression they were all coupes but he mentioned a couple of fastbacks and convertibles. I havnt been able to find any supporting documentation but have no reason to doubt the info. It would be nice to findout for sure though.

PS the car is a perth car so you may have seen it around.
cheers.

non member:
I have seen a few, all 66 coupes but may have been some fastbacks, They were farmed out by Ford Aust for conversion to RHD to many conversion shops. Some were very ordinary in the conversion.

They were bought here to promote the XR "Mustang Bred Falcon" which was quite funny as the Mustang was bred off a Falcon platform, not the other way around.

JM2CW

K

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version