Finally got my judging papers back from the Nationals WTF

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Finally got my judging papers back from the Nationals WTF  (Read 28377 times)

Offline HAPPY ONE

• Worked
  • A hearse has no tow ball !
Re: Finally got my judging papers back from the Nationals WTF
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2016, 07:32:24 pm »
The whole purpose of going to a judged show is to intentionally have your car picked on

Completely agree ......however, I also believe if one is going to profess to be qualified to be a judge ...then understand the class you are judging and do not go outside those bounds. i.e don't impose a concourse view point on Show N Shine or Display class ....leave it for the ones with the much bigger peckers.

Everyone spends a lot of time, money and effort in order to put there cars up for a show ....some better then others and that's fine. frankly I'm more than happy to be out classed on those grounds any day of the week.

:bow:

Offline barnett468

• Cobra
Re: Finally got my judging papers back from the Nationals WTF
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2016, 12:33:02 am »
Completely agree ......however, I also believe if one is going to profess to be qualified to be a judge ...then understand the class you are judging and do not go outside those bounds. i.e don't impose a concourse view point on Show N Shine or Display class ....leave it for the ones with the much bigger peckers.

Everyone spends a lot of time, money and effort in order to put there cars up for a show ....some better then others and that's fine. frankly I'm more than happy to be out classed on those grounds any day of the week.

:bow:

If everyone's car is judged equally without bias, then I don't see a problem with using the same criteria for show and shine as they do for concourse because there will still be a first, second, and third place awarded even if the first place only gets 75 out of 500 points etc.

In your case, it sounds like you think your nicest car scored lower than your other one which certainly wouldn't be right if in fact that is the case, but only you can really determine that . My guess is that to get the most benefit out of this, you simply go over each sheet with each car and compare their notes and see if you agree but don't compare one car to another . If one car had new glass but it was scratched, well, it is scratched.

If one car has a cheap $500.00 paint job with orange peel but no scratches, and the other one has a $10,000.00 paint job but has some scratches, the one with the cheaper paint job may score higher.

In other words, try to be objective and use the sheets to judge your own cars and see what you com up with.

The whole point of judging is to have some type of uniform criteria so there can be consistency . If they don't take points off for chips and scratches and dings etc, then there is nothing that is going to separate a beat up car from a nice one.

I can also tell you that in the high end classes in the US, they look at things like the paint on the control arms to see if it is right and if your lower ball joints have a grease fitting or the wrong rivets they take off points and if it has replica stickers instead of ink stamps they take off points and f the clock has a smooth movement instead of the ratcheting one, they can take off points . Either a car is correct or it is not . I even know of two cars that were only like a couple points apart and one lost because it had a little dust on a tire and the Chevy club is even harsher . If your exhaust manifolds don't have engine paint overspray on them they take off points.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 12:59:33 am by barnett468 »