Finally got my judging papers back from the Nationals WTF

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Finally got my judging papers back from the Nationals WTF  (Read 28371 times)

Offline HAPPY ONE

• Worked
  • A hearse has no tow ball !
Re: Finally got my judging papers back from the Nationals WTF
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2016, 07:11:03 am »
We will just stick to Show N Shine from now on, if we do enter any events - And also look for a wider mix 

Last weekend for example, we stumbled across purely by accident,  up at Mt Tamborine a great little event called the Festival of Elegance - good mix of old cars including a few mustangs new and older ones,  so we pulled up and paid our $10 for a park and went for a walk through the Gallery Walk at Eagle Height was a great time then we had a great lunch up at the micro brewery. Perfect day really!

I think I may have also spotted 69ish Mach 1 parked up in one of the shops private parking spots near the top of the strip  - nice park 69ish ...if that was you ??

:smilies:

Offline 69ISH

• Worked
  • Name: Rodney
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2016, 07:53:48 am »
We will just stick to Show N Shine from now on, if we do enter any events - And also look for a wider mix 

Last weekend for example, we stumbled across purely by accident,  up at Mt Tamborine a great little event called the Festival of Elegance - good mix of old cars including a few mustangs new and older ones,  so we pulled up and paid our $10 for a park and went for a walk through the Gallery Walk at Eagle Height was a great time then we had a great lunch up at the micro brewery. Perfect day really!

I think I may have also spotted 69ish Mach 1 parked up in one of the shops private parking spots near the top of the strip  - nice park 69ish ...if that was you ??

:smilies:

Certainly  was me parked up and I think I saw you drive by in the vert with 3 passengers.
I was having lunch at the little Cafe with the daughters boyfriend's Parents, easy to watch my car and easy to watch everything cruise by. I have managed to get that parking spot 2 weekends in a row as well as the time that we were last up there before that.
I had thought there were a few more than usual nice cars out and about but didn't see the festival.
1969 Mustang Sportsroof (8+ year Project are they ever completed)
1969 Cougar Eliminator (Sadly sold)
1972 Gran Torino Sport (Sold)
1968 Mustang Coupe (Sold)
Read about "Eliminators" below
http://eliminator.mercurycougarregistry.com/

Offline 66vert

• Worked
  • Name: Louis
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2016, 11:21:43 am »
My car is no where near show quality,in saying that its been painted 20yrs and been on the road 19yrs. Like i've said before the best judges are the people on the street giving me the thumbs up.  :burnout:

Offline BAC

• Supercharged
  • Name: Brian
  • Car: '71 M code auto
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2016, 11:51:14 am »
the best judges are the people on the street giving me the thumbs up.  :burnout:

:agree: Who needs some crusty old guy to tell you you've got rusty hood springs?  :bolt:
Cheers,
Brian

Offline barnett468

• Cobra
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2016, 12:12:38 pm »
:agree: Who needs some crusty old guy to tell you you've got rusty hood springs?  :bolt:

...and rusty fender bolts.  :lmao:

Offline barnett468

• Cobra
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2016, 12:14:05 pm »
But sir, that is the original patina!  :lmao:

Offline Fitzy1980

• Blue Printed
  • I'm new here
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2016, 02:19:27 pm »
...and rusty fender bolts.  :lmao:

Missing engine mount bolts count ?  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Offline barnett468

• Cobra
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2016, 02:30:51 pm »

Missing engine mount bolts count ?  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Well if they are not there, they can't deduct for them not having the correct finish.  :lmao:

Offline Jason67

• Pony
  • Name: Jason
  • Car: S Code
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2016, 03:21:13 pm »
My car is no where near show quality,in saying that its been painted 20yrs and been on the road 19yrs. Like i've said before the best judges are the people on the street giving me the thumbs up.  :burnout:

:agree: :thumb:

Offline bullitt

• Pony
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2016, 05:24:55 pm »
you car do it as you wish just have fun and and enjoy it

its a mates club

Offline Herman

• Blue Printed
  • A bit of concours nutter, but I'm still learning!!
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2016, 07:13:54 am »
its a mates club

I know from being involved with Concours & Display class judging at both State & Nationals level and it's really disappointing to hear this kind of thing, as they work extremely hard to ensure there isn't any prescriptive favoritism when it comes to judging. 

Have now converted the other half into doing some of the Concours washin, cleaning & polishing stuff!!!!!!!!

Offline peterp

• Administrator
  • Worked
    • http://www.yourithelp.com.au
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2016, 07:26:48 am »
The Mustang Club has a document called " Nationals/Concours Guidlines & Rules " available for general viewing on the National website.

http://mustang.org.au/docs/concours-guidelines.pdf

Peterp
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 07:28:28 am by peterp »
You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the Duct Tape.

Offline Herman

• Blue Printed
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2016, 07:50:00 am »
Thanks for sharing
Have now converted the other half into doing some of the Concours washin, cleaning & polishing stuff!!!!!!!!

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2016, 09:08:45 am »
To put any car , any make into concours judging the car has to be factory correct ,  simple as that , if you want to do well .  I have never put any of my cars into that sort of judging and never will , and think the judges do a amazing job and good on them .  At best I have put a few of my mustangs in car shows but only in show and shines and won plenty of times   , and quite often I don't even enter just park them .  My 70 Mach 1 is quite a nice car but not a concours  car , but  is good for show and shine shows , but I only enter sometimes even tho I am at the show . I went to the last mustang car show at the Gold Coast and must say I think the judges were over the top when it came to the show and shine cars and were too hard on them when things were not factory correct and I'm not talking about the modified section . Anyway to all the judges a big  :thumb:  you have a hard job . To all the guys complaining ,get over it .  :bolt:

Offline 66 Hertz

• Web Editor
  • Top Streeter
  • SA member #787 MOCSA
    • http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/ww313/ozzyone_photos/66%20GT350H/?albumv
  • Name: Dale
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2016, 09:29:12 am »
I learn't long ago if you can't handle the criticism don't put yourself out there to receive it. If you enter your car into any show every Tom , Dick or Harry who walks past is going to knock it, let alone any judges. I think you need a pretty thick skin. In 2015 Adelaide Nationals I received poor judging on my car & I was pissed off but hey, what do you do. Some day's your car is a hit, other days its a bomb. My car has all four tyres mounted to the Magnum 500 rims in exact spots so the match , all 4 centre caps line up exact and match, on the day I jacked up all 4X wheels and got them all level, straight and looking fine, cleaned all the tread and were looking like brand new. I got 13 out of a possible 15 for presentation not condition, presentation. I later learned a mate on the same day got 15 out of 15 for presentation and he had stock wheels dunger tyres and just parked up without a care in the world as to how his wheels looked and wullaa 15 out of 15. So go figure, sometimes it comes down to what the judges like on the day.  :ouch: :ouch: :ouch:
Paint by IMAGE CLASSIC CARS
build thread...http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,14043.0.html

Offline Herman

• Blue Printed
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2016, 09:35:34 am »
My car has all four tyres mounted to the Magnum 500 rims in exact spots so the match , all 4 centre caps line up exact and match, on the day I jacked up all 4X wheels and got them all level, straight and looking fine, cleaned all the tread and were looking like brand new.

That's just your OCD and I know what mean about what the judges are like on the day. 

Offline Pedro

• Worked
  • Name: Peter
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2016, 09:40:33 am »
I learn't long ago if you can't handle the criticism don't put yourself out there to receive it. If you enter your car into any show every Tom , Dick or Harry who walks past is going to knock it, let alone any judges. I think you need a pretty thick skin. In 2015 Adelaide Nationals I received poor judging on my car & I was pissed off but hey, what do you do. Some day's your car is a hit, other days its a bomb. My car has all four tyres mounted to the Magnum 500 rims in exact spots so the match , all 4 centre caps line up exact and match, on the day I jacked up all 4X wheels and got them all level, straight and looking fine, cleaned all the tread and were looking like brand new. I got 13 out of a possible 15 for presentation not condition, presentation. I later learned a mate on the same day got 15 out of 15 for presentation and he had stock wheels dunger tyres and just parked up without a care in the world as to how his wheels looked and wullaa 15 out of 15. So go figure, sometimes it comes down to what the judges like on the day.  :ouch: :ouch: :ouch:

Well if that's not dedication - I don't know what is.
Sorry it didn't work out for you on the day.

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2016, 10:33:55 am »
I have done this once myself and although I was pretty happy with the result I don't think I will do it again because of all the work required just to get it in the state that it needs to be. I wasn't able to get it up on a hoist to clean it properly underneath but that was my issue. I enjoyed the experience.

Offline 66 Stang

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Keith
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2016, 01:22:01 pm »
Its a pretty interesting topic, but you know, if your entering your car in a state concourse, I think it would need to be a pretty good car and done to a high standard, and good on you for having a car that is worthy of entering, but if your entering a car at a nationals, I think the benchmark is somewhat higher, and in my view justifiable, your talking about competing with some of the best cars in the country, you are amongst the elite, lets not forget this, the nationals is no local car show, so I tend to agree the judges would have a very tuff job in deed, I have never entered a state or national concourse, but I've seen cars at this level and it must be a tuff job to judge these cars.

If you enter a car show, expect to receive judges opinions, if you don't like the feedback, perhaps you shouldn't be entering or your car has some improvements against the competition on the day, its not to say its a bad car.

Just drive it and enjoy mate, but keep things in perspective, and stay HAPPY :thumb:

Offline Herman

• Blue Printed
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2016, 02:40:14 pm »
If you enter a car show, expect to receive judges opinions, if you don't like the feedback, perhaps you shouldn't be entering or your car has some improvements against the competition on the day, its not to say its a bad car.

Just drive it and enjoy mate, but keep things in perspective, and stay HAPPY :thumb:

I agree with you to certain point, however at both State & Nationals levels a vehicle entered in Display/Show'n'Shine is mainly judged on the condition of the vehicle that's presented in front which includes both original & modified vehicles.  This levels out the the playing field. 

IMHO, if a an entrant has received a deduction for non-original parts in Display/Show'n'Shine class then I would expect questions to be asked or feedback to be provided to the relative Judging body.

PS you do need a pretty think skin as no one looks their baby being picked on

« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 02:42:50 pm by Herman »

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2016, 02:56:19 pm »
Shelby mustro Ryan will be able to answer that question .  He put his 65 coupe in the show and shine and I was right next to the judge that was shocked when he did not have a matching spare wheel and tyre to compared to what was on his mustang . Think Ryan has 17 inch rims and only a 14 spare and the rims didn't even look the same  :thud:  .   I saw them lift a spare wheel cover off another car and guess what same problem .  My mustangs are both the same so no 1st prize for me  :cry: 

Offline Herman

• Blue Printed
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2016, 03:08:01 pm »
I know l will be taking this up with my National Delegates so these matters are rectified in future events.  It may not change anything from this year's event but l hopefully this won't happen again in the future

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2016, 03:17:27 pm »
In Ryan's case they may not have taken any points off in his class .  Ryan's 65 is modified from front to rear ,so a different spare means nothing .

Offline barnett468

• Cobra
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2016, 03:53:58 pm »

PS you do need a pretty think skin as no one looks their baby being picked on

The whole purpose of going to a judged show is to intentionally have your car picked on since they only take points off for inaccuracies and imperfections etc but don't give any points for a lack of these items.

If there are no deductions, then theoretically you have a perfect car.

If someone wants a Trophy for their car, they can simply buy one.  :thumb:

« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 04:01:52 pm by barnett468 »

Offline HAPPY ONE

• Worked
  • A hearse has no tow ball !
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2016, 06:52:12 pm »
In Ryan's case they may not have taken any points off in his class .  Ryan's 65 is modified from front to rear ,so a different spare means nothing .

Both my cars suffered this same issue too - They did make comment and deducted points with mine !!