Anyone shipped a car in with Trans Global Auto Logistics?

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Anyone shipped a car in with Trans Global Auto Logistics?  (Read 19003 times)

Offline BAC

• Supercharged
  • Name: Brian
  • Car: '71 M code auto
Anyone shipped a car in with Trans Global Auto Logistics?
« on: December 12, 2020, 10:11:59 pm »
They claim to be the only shipper with access to a NATA certified asbestos testing facility that has been approved for offshore testing by the ABF.

The implication being if you ship your car with them and they give it a clean bill of health before it leaves the US, it won't be flagged for asbestos testing on arrival.  They also claim vehicles shipped with them meet all biosecurity requirements so there won't be any of that "your car is dirty, we need to spray it with a pressure washer for 5 minutes and charge you $400" BS.

I'm concerned their claims may be just that, so looking for feedback from anyone that's actually used them recently.

Other than that, they quote an all in, end to end price which is unusual and the rates seem quite competitive once you factor in the cost of asbestos testing.
Cheers,
Brian

Offline 66_Shelby GT350 Tribute

• Worked
DAZMAC and Bosskraft can do all of the required Asbestos testing and proper certification for cars imported from USA plus there could be other companies that offer this service.

Offline BAC

• Supercharged
  • Name: Brian
  • Car: '71 M code auto
Re: Anyone shipped a car in with Trans Global Auto Logistics?
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2021, 09:38:42 am »
Just a quick follow up for anyone who may be interested: 

TGAL were fine and my car got through without any problems. 

DAZMAC handled the local portion of the shipping arrangements and I beleive they use TGAL's partners in the US for all of their asbestos testing.
Cheers,
Brian