When the wait is finally over...

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: When the wait is finally over...  (Read 3983 times)

Offline Crustyfrog

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Rob
When the wait is finally over...
« on: January 12, 2017, 11:08:26 pm »
So after a 13 month wait and knowing that the ship had arrived on December 23rd, I finally picked up my Ingot Silver V8 Fastback this afternoon.
Very nicely presented by the dealer, Sunbury Ford in Victoria.
So far, it's awesome.
Most importantly, it definitely has a more grunt than the VE SSV I traded in on it.
There certainly doesn't appear to be any of the panel alignment issues or paint quality problems that I had heard rumours about.
Overall quality seems very good, interior plastics are better than I was led to believe having read various reviews.
The exhaust note is better than I expected, though I am still considering a Roush axle back for $990 fitted for that little extra growl.
There seems to be a lot that the Sync 3 is capable of which is a bit confusing for an older bloke, but I'll work that out.
On the downside, I'm not sure how happy I am with the compressor / repair kit in place of a spare.
I didn't realise we were not getting the sub-woofer, though its probably not a huge issue considering the difference is a bit of extra boot space.
The burnout feature would have been fun but it not being there just means you'll have to rely on skill.
I might have a bit of a problem with the outside temp display being out of whack, it appears to be constant at 10C.
Other than that, I am one very happy former Holden boy.
I'll update this post with observations and possibly questions as I get the chance to spend more time with my new toy.
I'm sure the positive will far outnumber the negative.
If anyone has any of their own discoveries having picked up their new Mustang, I would be keen to hear about them.

Cheers.

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
Re: When the wait is finally over...
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 11:11:17 pm »
Congrats Rob and welcome to the forum. Put some pics up when you can.

Offline JasonK

• Worked
  • On first name terms with all Petrol Station staff!
  • Name: Jason
  • Car: 2015 GT Convertible
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 08:25:40 am »
Congrats. It should be a fun few week getting used to the new toy. Couldn't agree more about the exhaust sound, it's good, but like my wife spent 6 months telling me, it's just not enough muscle car sound. It needed to be louder.

Have fun.

Offline Crustyfrog

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Rob
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 10:24:09 pm »
I took my car to Mustang Motorsport in Melbourne this morning to have a Roush axle back installed.
What an amazing place!
Mustangs of various vintages, Hellcats, Camaros, F150s, it's like muscle car Disneyland!
Excellent, very friendly service.
I drove in at 7:45 and rumbled out at 8:30, job done.
It's not too much louder, but it's definitely a deeper, throatier sound.
The sound when the starter is pushed is awesome.
At freeway speed, its barely noticeable from stock, but under acceleration there is a deep growl.
One thing that is really noticeable is the rumble when the auto changes down as its slowing under brakes.
The tips are 4 inches compared to the stock 3.5.
The extra half inch and thicker tip wall just seems to fill the space that much better, and the Roush logo embossed in the chrome looks the goods.
I paid $990 installed which I thought was pretty good value.
Installation looks pretty easy if you wanted to have a go yourself, there's a good youtube video by CJ Ponyparts showing how its done, though it might be awkward without a hoist.
I am very happy with the result.