Time for an update

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Time for an update  (Read 454088 times)

Offline P8TRIOT

• Worked
Re: Time for an update
« Reply #775 on: March 23, 2013, 11:19:58 am »
Rod..mate..seriously dude..This thread would make an excellent Documentory series on Fox. :thumb: :thumb: :I'll drink to that  :cheers:

Offline Mattstang

• Worked
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Matt
« Reply #776 on: March 23, 2013, 12:59:19 pm »
Rod..mate..seriously dude..This thread would make an excellent Documentory series on Fox. :thumb: :thumb: :I'll drink to that  :cheers:

OR

`These are the days of our lives`  :lol:  :lol:

Cheers
Matt

Offline P8TRIOT

• Worked
« Reply #777 on: March 23, 2013, 01:13:09 pm »
 :grin: :grin: :grin:....thats funny. :thumb:

Offline Brumby1

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #778 on: March 23, 2013, 08:21:59 pm »

Yeh I'll drink to that also.

Sooo OK Rod how about pics of the red car in the trailer.  Could have added the other name for donkey  after the kick.   :kickass:   :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

Jack
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 04:17:47 pm by Brumby1 »
What can I say that hasn't been said

Offline rocket

• Please visit our new Website
  • Blue Printed
  • MOCSA Member No. 894
    • Image Classic Cars
« Reply #779 on: March 23, 2013, 09:19:00 pm »
OK guys - Another episode of days of our drearies

Ron went over his 71 Mach1 with quick detailer and a microfibre -

He must have been in a hurry because next time i looked the car was up on his car trailer -

Then he was gone. I expect he wanted some rest over the wekend. He has been going hard at this project since Christmas.

One down, two to go. :thumb:

Jeremy, Brad and Brad had been cleaning the Red mach 1 for a few hours this morning -

It was pronounced finished, then driven outside ready for loading

While they were busy, i was giving the Blue Mach 1 a coat of wax then we put that outside ready for loading also. Twin Mach 1`s -

First the Blue Mach 1 was loaded -

Then it was time to load up the Red Mach 1 -

Photobucket has locked up again. More next post.

Rocket.

Check out our new Website

http://www.imageclassiccars.com.au/

Offline rocket

• Blue Printed
  • MOCSA Member No. 894
    • Image Classic Cars
« Reply #780 on: March 23, 2013, 09:47:14 pm »
Getting out of the car was not easy - a bit squeezy in fact -

Will not be fun trying to get the car out when we arrive at Perth.

After that it was time to strap the cars down. We fitted a cover over the Red mach1 in the car trailer -

Then we packed the Patrols full of tools and cleaning supplies before heading home.

That concludes a very busy 3 months of work. The car factory looks strangely empty at the moment, but plenty of work waiting for us upon our return.

Rocket.

Offline P8TRIOT

• Worked
« Reply #781 on: March 24, 2013, 08:52:30 pm »
And so to are the days of our lives.Stay tuned next time  when the boys head off to tackle the Nullabor... Well done Image Team.. :thumb: :thumb:..

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
« Reply #782 on: March 24, 2013, 09:03:39 pm »
Looking great, SA will put in another great showing with these three great cars.

Offline rocket

• Blue Printed
  • MOCSA Member No. 894
    • Image Classic Cars
« Reply #783 on: March 24, 2013, 09:21:00 pm »
And so to are the days of our lives.Stay tuned next time  when the boys head off to tackle the Nullabor... Well done Image Team.. :thumb: :thumb:..

Hi Angelo, Thanks mate.

The SA Team are leaving from Bolivar at 6 AM in the morning. I will head down there and try to get some photos as all the cars leave. Hope there are plenty of lights at the departure point because it does not get light until about 7.15 at the moment.

Brad and Fi have Jack`s Camera with them and will provide updates on Monday and Tuesday night.

Rocket.

Offline rocket

• Blue Printed
  • MOCSA Member No. 894
    • Image Classic Cars
« Reply #784 on: March 24, 2013, 09:24:28 pm »
Looking great, SA will put in another great showing with these three great cars.

Hi Mark, Thanks for the vote of confidence. :thumb:

I am told there are some very nice Mustangs from SA headed over to Perth so hopefully somebody can return with a little something for the Trophy Cabinet.

Rocket.

Offline rocket

• Blue Printed
  • MOCSA Member No. 894
    • Image Classic Cars
Re: Time for an update - SA Crew on the way to Perth
« Reply #785 on: March 25, 2013, 09:04:16 am »
It is always good to be at the departure point at the beginning of a long cruise. There is an infectious air of excitement as people contemplate the journey ahead. It was a joy to see all of those happy Mustang owners this morning.

There were not that many cars to see off. Apparently some left yesterday including Ron and they stayed at Port Augusta overnight which is where they will all meet up this morning. The convoy from Queensland and some from NSW are also meeting up with the SA Crew at Port Augusta so they can all cross the Nullarbor together.

Took some photos, but it was very dark. The camera basically went into time exposure mode and i was not terribly steady while waiting for the shutter to open again after taking the photos. But here are some of the better photos -

Check out this great looking rig which belongs to Brett and Angie -

Then in the blink of an eye they were all gone

There will be updates each night as the convoy works its way to Perth.

Rocket.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 06:58:50 pm by rocket »

Offline red066

• Worked
« Reply #786 on: March 25, 2013, 09:26:47 am »
Must say have really enjoyed watching and reading all the builds  and developments on this thread and am so going to miss over the coming weeks :cry: but on the other hand am so looking forward to reading and seeing pictures of the journey over the next few weeks :toetapping: . This is one thread i always look forward to reading when i open my forum page ,
Hope the guys have a safe trip West :bolt: and come home with some well deserved tin ware
cheers Peter

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #787 on: March 25, 2013, 09:56:20 am »
Drive safe fellas

I think all that cant be there will be looking forward to the updates

Matt

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
« Reply #788 on: March 25, 2013, 01:05:50 pm »
Thanks for the pics Rod, it will be great to read regular updates on the journey.

Offline rocket

• Blue Printed
  • MOCSA Member No. 894
    • Image Classic Cars
Re: Time for an update - Breakdown!
« Reply #789 on: March 25, 2013, 01:15:44 pm »
 :tissue:
Breakdown -

But thankfully only very minor.

Apparently the Bosses Boss carked it out on the highway. Quickly diagnosed as a faulty coil which was replaced with a spare. Problem solved.

The Boss with his Boss - Photo from Last Year at Mt Panorama

Spoke to Fiona a few minutes back. They are already at Kimba which is about 440klm out, so making good time and everything going good.

Must say have really enjoyed watching and reading all the builds  and developments on this thread and am so going to miss over the coming weeks :cry: but on the other hand am so looking forward to reading and seeing pictures of the journey over the next few weeks :toetapping: . This is one thread i always look forward to reading when i open my forum page ,
Hope the guys have a safe trip West :bolt: and come home with some well deserved tin ware
cheers Peter

Hi red066, So glad you are enjoying the Thread. Thanks. :thumb:

Drive safe fellas

I think all that cant be there will be looking forward to the updates

Matt

Hi Matt, Kicking myself now for not driving over.

Updates will be regular.

Thanks for the pics Rod, it will be great to read regular updates on the journey.

Hi Mark, Brad and Jeremy both have cameras. As long as they can use the new photobucket there will be lots of pics coming.

Rocket.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 01:26:46 pm by rocket »

Offline Brumby1

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #790 on: March 25, 2013, 04:00:42 pm »
Hi Rod
You just saved me a phone call.
Thanks for the pics. You going to take pics in the dark you need a good flash.  You got a good camera sooooo
Got the same feeling as you      shoulda gone.   :cry:
Passing by IR tomorrow. If I'm not too sore I may call in on the way back.

Jack

Offline rocket

• Blue Printed
  • MOCSA Member No. 894
    • Image Classic Cars
« Reply #791 on: March 25, 2013, 07:04:50 pm »
Hi Rod
You just saved me a phone call.
Thanks for the pics. You going to take pics in the dark you need a good flash.  You got a good camera sooooo
Got the same feeling as you      shoulda gone.   :cry:
Passing by IR tomorrow. If I'm not too sore I may call in on the way back.

Jack

Hi Jack, I never used the built in flash this morning because the camera battery was getting low. Was lucky to get the above photos.

Yeah... Would have been nice to drive over, but just remember how we felt hopping out of the car each night with sore back,legs and shoulders. :grin: :grin:

Look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

Have not heard from the boys since lunchtime when they were at Kimba. Expect they would be unwinding at their digs right now with a nice coldie in hand.

They should upload photos later.

Rocket.

Offline Brumby1

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #792 on: March 25, 2013, 07:32:17 pm »
Yeah... Would have been nice to drive over, but just remember how we felt hopping out of the car each night with sore back,legs and shoulders. :grin: :grin:

Also remember what it was like to fire up next morning  :evilone:

Offline rocket

• Blue Printed
  • MOCSA Member No. 894
    • Image Classic Cars
« Reply #793 on: March 26, 2013, 02:40:18 am »

Also remember what it was like to fire up next morning  :evilone:

You are a "Glass Half Full" man! :thumb: Good one.

Never heard from the boys tonight. Expect they were tired, or maybe the new photobucket has them stumped? If so guys - go to this site
http://postimage.org/
You will find it easy to upload an image. Just make the size 800x600 in the box provided at the site and tick family safe. After the photo uploads select option 2 to post.

The convoy is possibly headed into some rough weather today. Forecast for Balladonia is 36 degrees with a 90% chance of rain. Gusty winds around 45klm/hr from NNW and possible thunderstorms in the afternoon. Bugger!! Drive safe.

Rocket.

Offline rocket

• Blue Printed
  • MOCSA Member No. 894
    • Image Classic Cars
Re: Time for an update - Fun and games on the Nullarbor Plain
« Reply #794 on: March 26, 2013, 02:38:25 pm »
The convoy was scheduled to drive 986 klm today which should have taken 11.5 hours, but i received a phone call a short while back to say they had just arrived at Nullabor having only travelled 286klm so far today. Yep... Fun and Games on the Nullarbor Plain.

Yesterday the coil was replaced on Tony`s Boss and then they kept travelling, but later in the day had another breakdown. This time they took the carby off Jeremy`s Blue Mach 1 ( the Blue Mach1 was on the car trailer ) and swapped it to Tony`s Boss. This improved things with the car and they made it to Ceduna last night.

This morning the car started playing up again and they were stuck on the side of the road for 3 hours trying to get the car started. In the end they changed the distributor over with the distributor for the Blue Mach 1, but it did not fit and the shaft ended up being broken off the Blue Mach1 distributor. ( Tony`s car has a Cleveland engine)

Ended up they took the Blue Mach 1 off the car trailer and loaded Tony`s Boss. To get the Blue Mach1 going the distributor was removed from the Red Mach1 and fitted to the Bue Mach1.
HaHa - anybody remember the trip back from Newcastle - Similar problems but different car.

Tony and Trish are now driving the Blue Mach1. I will take a replacement distributor for the Red mach1 tomorrow on the Plane, and KimT will take a replacement distributor for Tony`s Boss.

In another frightening incident, Ron was overtaking a truck and clipped his car trailer with a wheel on the truck. Big moment as Ron`s car trailer went sideways off the road. Everybody behind thought Ron`s rig was going to roll over, but Ron being a very good and experienced driver managed to power out of it. Lucky man! I bet he suffered in his jocks!

The convoy have just left Nullarbor and still have 700klm to drive today. They will not arrive at their overnight stop till about 9pm.

Rocket.

Offline 66 Hertz

• Web Editor
  • Top Streeter
  • SA member #787 MOCSA
    • http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/ww313/ozzyone_photos/66%20GT350H/?albumv
  • Name: Dale
« Reply #795 on: March 26, 2013, 02:54:08 pm »
WOW.........not so much fun so far.........  :ouch:
Paint by IMAGE CLASSIC CARS
build thread...http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,14043.0.html

Offline P8TRIOT

• Worked
« Reply #796 on: March 26, 2013, 02:55:42 pm »
Wow,what a hellish day.Edgy moments..But i think Rons car,  horse kicked the truck didnt it.. Poor Mustang, only wants to go for a run, :grin: :grin:Great reading though... :thumb:.on Fox yet.. :cheers:

Offline scedd1

• Worked
  • Name: Steve
  • Car: 68 Coupe - Frankenstang
Re: Time for an update - Fun and games on the Nullarbor Plain
« Reply #797 on: March 26, 2013, 03:10:02 pm »
In another frightening incident, Ron was overtaking a truck and clipped his car trailer with a wheel on the truck. Big moment as Ron`s car trailer went sideways off the road. Everybody behind thought Ron`s rig was going to roll over, but Ron being a very good and experienced driver managed to power out of it. Lucky man! I bet he suffered in his jocks!
Rocket.

This is why its so important to not only have a heavy tow vehicle, but something with enough power to pull a trailer straight when things go wrong. :thumb:
Last week i saw a single cab Hilux with a 2.8 diesel pulling a loaded car trailer down the Benarkin Range.
It might be legal but its not safe.
.  ____________
./____________ \.
 ( ]]] _ _ O _ _ [[[ )
\_ o _ _____ _ o _/
 |___|            |___|

Offline MachAttack

• Worked
« Reply #798 on: March 26, 2013, 03:46:05 pm »
So glad Ron was able to control it. I'd hate to see all that hard work on the car go to waste. More importantly, nobody was hurt. I hope the rest of their trip goes a little smoother. I don't imagine they'll have time tonight to upload any pics after a well deserved beer or three.

Offline rocket

• Blue Printed
  • MOCSA Member No. 894
    • Image Classic Cars
Re: Time for an update- Fun and games on the Nullarbor plain.
« Reply #799 on: March 26, 2013, 03:58:14 pm »
WOW.........not so much fun so far.........  :ouch:

Hi Dale, I don`t think it matters that much - Just adds something to the adventure :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Wow,what a hellish day.Edgy moments..But i think Rons car,  horse kicked the truck didnt it.. Poor Mustang, only wants to go for a run, :grin: :grin:Great reading though... :thumb:.on Fox yet.. :cheers:

Hi Angelo, So you think there is a bit of psychology behind his little faux pas - bet his jocks say otherwise  :grin:

This is why its so important to not only have a heavy tow vehicle, but something with enough power to pull a trailer straight when things go wrong. :thumb:
Last week i saw a single cab Hilux with a 2.8 diesel pulling a loaded car trailer down the Benarkin Range.
It might be legal but its not safe.

Hi scedd, i totally agree with you. Safety first. Ron has a superb tow vehicle  -

So glad Ron was able to control it. I'd hate to see all that hard work on the car go to waste. More importantly, nobody was hurt. I hope the rest of their trip goes a little smoother. I don't imagine they'll have time tonight to upload any pics after a well deserved beer or three.

Hi Mach Attack, Oh yeah... To think all that hard work could have gone down the drain in the blink of an eye as well as the possibility of serious injury.

They had a very bad internet connection last night and could not upload pics. They are also having trouble with their mobile phones as they are out of range all the time. had thought that was a thing of the past.
Hope they can manage to upload some tonight, but if not i will do it tomorrow night from Perth.

Rocket.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 06:00:55 pm by rocket »