Time for an update

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Time for an update  (Read 454185 times)

Offline Ash

• Supercharged
  • Name: Max Power
Re: Time for an update
« Reply #575 on: December 07, 2012, 02:19:04 pm »
Bet you're are happy, Jack. The car looks amazing. I bet it will be hard to drag you from the shed this weekend. Well done!
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Kernel Sanders

Offline 66 Hertz

• Web Editor
  • Top Streeter
  • SA member #787 MOCSA
    • http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/ww313/ozzyone_photos/66%20GT350H/?albumv
  • Name: Dale
« Reply #576 on: December 07, 2012, 02:28:45 pm »
what more can I say.
IMAGE CLASSIC CARS IMAGE CLASSIC CARS IMAGE CLASSIC CARS IMAGE CLASSIC CARS IMAGE CLASSIC CARS IMAGE CLASSIC CARS IMAGE CLASSIC CARS
IMAGE CLASSIC CARS
Paint by IMAGE CLASSIC CARS
build thread...http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,14043.0.html

Offline rocket

• Please visit our new Website
  • Blue Printed
  • MOCSA Member No. 894
    • Image Classic Cars
« Reply #577 on: December 07, 2012, 04:46:46 pm »
Hey thanks for those kind words fellas. Much appreciated. It gives us a real kick as each car rolls out the door shining and gleaming. :thumb:

Jack, The pleasure was all ours mate. Glad you like it.

You are right about Brad, he absolutely adores your Mach1. Quite a few times as i was polishing i looked up to see Brad admiring the car, and the grin on his face as he drove it back into the factory yesterday after picking it up from the wheel aligners was something special. :smile:

Well here are the photos. But one thing first - The bonnet hinges are stuffed and we could not align the bonnet properly. New hinges are on order and will be fitted when they arrive in a couple of weeks, so please disregard the bonnet gap issue for now. :therethere:

For South Aussie folk ,  Jack`s 1970 Mach1 and Jeremy`s Red 1969 Mach1 will both be at the Christmas party on Sunday. Please come over and check them out.

Rocket.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 05:55:41 pm by rocket »
Check out our new Website

http://www.imageclassiccars.com.au/

Offline Brumby1

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #578 on: December 07, 2012, 05:16:22 pm »
Just harder Ash  Spend most of my life in there
What can I say that hasn't been said

Offline 66 Hertz

• Web Editor
  • Top Streeter
  • SA member #787 MOCSA
« Reply #579 on: December 07, 2012, 05:17:46 pm »
Great job fellas ,now the car is worthy of the Roush..........congrats Jack & Bria.

Offline Sally

• Worked
  • Name: Chris, Sally
« Reply #580 on: December 07, 2012, 05:50:09 pm »
wow absolutely stunning, a real head turner
looking forward to seeing them on sunday
Sally

Offline Fast69back

• Stallion
« Reply #581 on: December 07, 2012, 07:52:53 pm »
Rod that looks stunning  :drool: You and your team have a real passion for these cars, you should be extremely proud of them and the outstanding vehicles that roll out of your workshop.

Cheers Vic.

Offline rocket

• Blue Printed
  • MOCSA Member No. 894
    • Image Classic Cars
« Reply #582 on: December 07, 2012, 08:48:50 pm »
Dale, The car is certainly worthy of that Roush engine. Sounds great, goes great and looks great :thumb:

Sally, I made a very similar statement as Jack took off up the road this arvo. All eyes were upon the car and it just looked and sounded absolutely awesome.

Vic, Thanks mate. Luke, Brad, Ron and Jeremy all put a big effort into the car and yes.. i am extremely proud of them.

Rocket.

Offline P8TRIOT

• Worked
« Reply #583 on: December 07, 2012, 09:15:13 pm »
Rod that looks stunning  :drool: You and your team have a real passion for these cars, you should be extremely proud of them and the outstanding vehicles that roll out of your workshop.

Cheers Vic.

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 1969 Shelby GT500
« Reply #584 on: December 07, 2012, 10:16:30 pm »
Just brilliant, well done. Can't wait until mine arrives.

Offline rocket

• Blue Printed
  • MOCSA Member No. 894
    • Image Classic Cars
« Reply #585 on: December 27, 2012, 10:47:37 pm »
Just brilliant, well done. Can't wait until mine arrives.

Hi Mark, Hope it sets sail early in the new year. We are all looking forward to checking it out :thumb:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were determined to clear all the cars out of the workshop before Christmas. After Jack`s car was finished there were only two left. One was Jeremy`s pride and joy 65 Coupe.
Ron and Brad pulled the drivetrain out of the car, sent the C4 Trans out to be reconditioned and prepared the new engine to be fitted. While they were doing all this, Luke painted a new Fibreglass Bonnet for the car -

The new engine together with recond trans and new Gear Vendors Overdrive were refitted to the car, then the new Bonnet with Billet Hinges installed. The car was finally driven out of the workshop and delivered during our Christmas party at work. Just made it. -

Do not know the specs of the engine, but if it goes as good as it sounds - Jeremy is sure to be thrilled with it.

The other car was a VC Valiant which is owned by Wes who is Brad`s Brother In Law. Wes did all the panel work on the car himself. Our job was to give it a final coat of Primer, sand it, then put the paint on the car. Wes dis an excellent job on the panel work. Came up a treat -

When we start back at work it is all steam ahead on preparing our two 69 Mach 1`s and also Ron`s 71 Mach1 for the Nationals.

Rocket.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 10:49:41 pm by rocket »

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
« Reply #586 on: December 27, 2012, 11:18:34 pm »
Nice colour on the Valiant. Will look great with the chrome back on

Offline chopmgw

• Worked
« Reply #587 on: December 28, 2012, 12:56:06 am »
Jeremy`s bonnet looks great!

Rod, u gotta get Wes to throw up a few progress pics now and again.
Would love to see how it turns out.
Ive got a soft spot for VC`s, after owning 2 of em.
My first car was a VC and I have considered restoring one the same .

« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 01:01:38 am by chopmgw »
I can smell oranges !
Michael

Offline rocket

• Blue Printed
  • MOCSA Member No. 894
    • Image Classic Cars
« Reply #588 on: December 28, 2012, 07:35:24 am »
Hi Michael, Bit of a valiant fan myself. One of my first cars was an AP5 Wagon. Burnt Orange colour and push button auto, it was an excellent car. Sold it to my brother and the turkey painted the car Purple! Bugger!

Still have vivid memories of a very cold night back in June 1976. Had a white VC Wagon at the time. Wife had broken her water and well and truly in labour at 2 AM in the morning. Put her in the VC and the bloody thing had a flat battery.. would not start! Was not fun pushing the car up and down the road attempting to push start it. :lol: Finally got it started and we made it to the hospital in time.

Another favourite was a Blue CL Regal. Plush car with the best air cond ever and a 265 engine that went like the clappers.

I worked on the Assembly line at Chrysler in 74-75. Loved working on the Chargers as they came down the line. A special edition Charger was being built at the time called the Sportsman. Red and white colour, 265 engine and 4 speed manual from memory. Always wanted one. The 770 Charger with the Fireball 318 or 340 V8 was another ripper car.

Sportsman Charger - photo from WA Chrysler Club -

Ahh... The good old days. :thumb:

Rocket. 
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 07:49:17 am by rocket »

Offline chopmgw

• Worked
« Reply #589 on: December 28, 2012, 10:40:05 am »
I remember the sportsman model.
I was also a valliant fan.
I owned a VH charger in the early 80`s and later a CL as well.
Ahh , those were the days !

By the way, I had that chokostang kit fitted and what a difference it makes !
Nearly went through the windscreen the first time I used the brakes !!!!
No worries about stopping now.
Certainly a great upgrade.
Very happy  :thumb:

« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 10:49:55 am by chopmgw »
I can smell oranges !
Michael

Offline rocket

• Blue Printed
  • MOCSA Member No. 894
    • Image Classic Cars
« Reply #590 on: December 29, 2012, 12:21:03 am »
Glad you had the Chokostang Brake kit fitted. :thumb:

Bet you feel a lot safer in traffic now knowing the car will actually stop in an emergency. I refused to drive the 68 coupe when it arrived from the USA with Drum Brakes, so i agree it is a fantastic upgrade to fit front discs, new master cylinder and booster.

Rocket.

Offline rocket

• Blue Printed
  • MOCSA Member No. 894
    • Image Classic Cars
Time to prepare for Nationals
« Reply #591 on: January 15, 2013, 03:38:03 pm »
Yep... Holidays are over. Time to get back into it and get the cars ready for Perth.

Ron cut his holiday short. When we left for holidays Ron`s 71 Mach1 looked like this -

But when i walked into the car factory yesterday, found it like this -

Hmmm.... i thought it looked very nice as it was, but Ron wants to enter the car in Concours Judging at the Nationals so a full Restoration is underway.
Only rust he has found so far was the cowell panel on the RHS. Repairs are already underway. This car should be a very easy job. Quarter panels look excellent with no previous rust or dents, inside the boot looks rust free and we already know the floor is rust free from when we had it up on the hoist last year. I will post regular updates as we progress with the car.

We will also bring the Red and Blue Mach1`s to work and change the blackouts to a Matt Black Finish,remove the rear louvres and fit period correct wheels - so there will be no criticism that they are not factory standard this year. :smash: :therethere:

We had been considering our options to get the cars from Adelaide to Perth for the Nationals.  Do not want to drive them over the Nullarbor, do not trust freight companies to get them there without scratches, and the boys do not wish to put them on the train. So, like the Newcastle trip - We will use car trailers. Ron has an excellent Ford F350 to tow his car trailer, Jeremy enjoyed using his Territory to tow the car trailer, so we just needed one more rig. We bought this Nissan Patrol from the Auctions in Perth just before Christmas -

It is fresh out of the mines in WA and full of red dust. We intend to just tidy it up a bit, fit some nice wheels, then use it to tow a car trailer with the blue mach1 on it to Perth. Upon our return we may keep it as a tow vehicle or sell it and hopefully make a few bob.

Rocket.

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
« Reply #592 on: January 15, 2013, 04:27:13 pm »
Excellent another build to watch.

Offline 66 Hertz

• Web Editor
  • Top Streeter
  • SA member #787 MOCSA
« Reply #593 on: January 15, 2013, 04:32:23 pm »
Rocket you ought to start a build thread for each car you do......be great to follow each car down its restoration path!   :thumb:

ps. you guys coming tomorrow night to Pony's on the Pitch.....It would be great to see you both

Offline rocket

• Blue Printed
  • MOCSA Member No. 894
    • Image Classic Cars
« Reply #594 on: January 15, 2013, 05:02:27 pm »
Hi Mark and Dale, Hope you both enjoyed the Christmas break.

I will just use this Thread to update the Restoration on Ron`s Mach1. Made a new photobucket Album for his Resto. Here is the Link -

http://photobucket.com/RonsMach1

Ron is not really into computers, so cannot see him starting his own Thread.

I think Jeremy and Brad will be going to Ponies on the Pitch tomorrow. Michelle is still not well enough to go out at night so we will catch up another time.

Rocket.

Offline Ash

• Supercharged
« Reply #595 on: January 15, 2013, 06:49:13 pm »
Rocket, when you get the ex-mines truck, have a really good look over the chassis. I have quite a few mates in who work in the mines and they like to grab a few of the old vehicles as well to turn over for a buck. Lots of them have very low k's and if they haven't been to flogged, the bodies are pretty good. Unfortunately they all had really bad rust in the chassis rails. And I mean huge holes, larger than fist size in some! But it all depends on how much action they see. Some are dressed up and never go into the actual mines themselves, so you can get good ones. Hopefully you've got one of them. They can be a great score though still :thumb:

Offline Pinto Pete

• Blue Printed
  • Name: Nigel
« Reply #596 on: January 16, 2013, 12:33:10 am »
Rocket, when you get the ex-mines truck, have a really good look over the chassis. I have quite a few mates in who work in the mines and they like to grab a few of the old vehicles as well to turn over for a buck. Lots of them have very low k's and if they haven't been to flogged, the bodies are pretty good. Unfortunately they all had really bad rust in the chassis rails. And I mean huge holes, larger than fist size in some! But it all depends on how much action they see. Some are dressed up and never go into the actual mines themselves, so you can get good ones. Hopefully you've got one of them. They can be a great score though still :thumb:
rusty chassis usually only applies to underground ash and they dont look much better on top have seen some pretty big grave yards.....
It is far easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission

Offline rocket

• Blue Printed
  • MOCSA Member No. 894
    • Image Classic Cars
« Reply #597 on: January 16, 2013, 07:31:15 am »
The Patrol arrived from Perth a week ago. It was covered in red dust so Jeremy and Monique gave it a good clean then while Jeremy buffed the body, Monique used a toothbrush and detergent to clean up the tight areas around windows etc. They have improved it a lot already.

It is a November 2007 build and has only done 80,000 klm. Very good mechanically. Engine bay is not terribly dusty but will receive a good clean up this week. Underneath is very dusty - that will be a bit of a challenge to clean up. Jeremy has had a look underneath and saw a bit of surface rust. We will put it up on the hoist to clean it up and then check out the chassis for any rust. There are a few very minor dents around the body, but easy to fix. I was surprised when sitting in the drivers seat - found it very comfortable.

At the Auctions, reasonably tidy ex mine Patrol wagons are selling between 16-22k depending on condition. This compares to 30k plus for privately owned Patrols around the same year/model. Leaves us a bit of scope for fitting Alloy Wheels, Sidesteps, Power Windows etc. This is the second ex mine vehicle we have bought. First one was a Landcruiser which came up very nice after Jeremy fitted all of the accessories. He really missed that car after he sold it.

Chasing some Alloy Wheels for the Patrol at the moment. Hard to find the factory Alloys and have to pay over 2k for them if you can find a set. Happened to come across a set on Ebay last night. They want 2k for them, but if you want the caps and nuts - they are going to cost extra. Bugger! Oh well... Brad and Fiona might be doing doing a quick trip to Victoria to pick them up.

Rocket.

Offline Ash

• Supercharged
« Reply #598 on: January 16, 2013, 08:16:13 am »
rusty chassis usually only applies to underground ash and they dont look much better on top have seen some pretty big grave yards.....

That's it. And the way they get treated are like rally cars. The ones coming out of open cut or even the washeries still do it though. A couple of good ones I've seen are the ones that don't make it past the office, you know from the main road to the front desk and don't actually go into the pit.

I haven't been in there as I don't work in there myself, but I know about the graveyard "parts stores". I also know about the large lunch boxes everyone has, especially the people who have access to the storerooms.  :grin:

Rocket, that is about the same money the ones over here go for too. They aren't all bad that's for sure, if you sift through them you sure can get an excellent valued car.
A while ago they never told you that they were actually ex-mines and they tried to cover it up themselves to get more money. But the rust in the chassis and mud in every nook and cranny was a give away. Plus most have paint fade and have outlines from the graphics that slap all over them. Now they do tell you though, I think they are required to.

Offline Brumby1

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #599 on: January 18, 2013, 09:36:32 pm »
Hey Rod,  Dunno if Ron talked to you bout relays however today I put 75 watt beams and relay in my red car. Night driving is going to be heaps better. Jack  :burnout:
What can I say that hasn't been said