'67 Mustang inspection/advice

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: '67 Mustang inspection/advice  (Read 8378 times)

Offline Tacrex

• P Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Darren
'67 Mustang inspection/advice
« on: March 09, 2021, 12:24:10 am »
Hi Guys,
I am a newbie to the world of Mustangs.  I have always loved them and now in a position to get one for myself.

I am looking at buying a Mustang, with the intention of a project, but not too large a project.  I have located a 67 coupe, which for it's age appears to look ok in photos.  I haven't had the chance to see it yet in person, just photos and video of it cold starting ATM.

As a newbie to this, I am after any advice I can get.  Suggestions of persons that can assist or offers to assist with checking it out when I get the opportunity.

It's an unlicensed import, 302 Windsor, that has been worked.  I am in the process of getting some finer details from the owner.  So suggestions of questions to ask would also be appreciated.  He has declared some rust spots with pics also, are there common areas I should be aware of.

Also, what are the traps to be aware of when licensing an import in WA.

Thanks in advance.
Darren

Offline trav68

• Worked
Re: '67 Mustang inspection/advice
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 11:57:16 pm »
Hi Darren,
Touch base with Frank at Franks Classic Garage he should be able to assist with an inspection .

Rego should be pretty straight forward if stock (ish) otherwise might need sone engineering.

Assume it comes with all import approvals?

Cheers
Trav

PS above all else want a straight rust free body ( from a dry state like CA). Some minor aesethetic rust is no real biggie and mechanicals are easily fixed ( justifies an upgrade!)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 12:01:20 am by trav68 »