EOI - 2001 Cobra convertible

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: EOI - 2001 Cobra convertible  (Read 7234 times)

Offline fredm666

• Worked
  • hoping for the best but expecting the worst
  • Name: federico
  • Car: 64.5 D-code - 55 Cusso
EOI - 2001 Cobra convertible
« on: July 20, 2021, 03:52:07 pm »
Hi everyone,
I’m considering expressions of interest for my 2001 Cobra convertible. Second owner from new, I bought it in Feb last year and I’m thinking to sell it because soon I will have to go back to Sydney (from Perth), there I will not have a garage to store it as my ‘64 is currently parked there.
Car is basically original, 105000km, always serviced, silver in colour, black top with original rims and leather seats; tyres are Pirelli P7 with 7500km on them.
It has been purchased from a Ford dealership in Perth, previous (and first) owner traded it in for the new Mustang. Not involved in any accidents or big repairs, no oil leaks, car is running great.
Small extras: new tint on windows, billiard style shift knob, dash mat, leather steering wheel cover and new top cylinders.
Not advertised yet on other sites, but eventually it will, and price would be in the $26k range.

If you have any question or you want pictures please feel free to contact me; maybe the recent issues with posting on the forum have been fixed, but please you can use my email amax264@hotmail.com or mobile 0424890251

Thanks
Ciao

Fred
fred

Offline fredm666

• Worked
Re: EOI - 2001 Cobra convertible
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2021, 12:02:36 am »
fred

Offline fredm666

• Worked
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 04:34:42 pm »
Hey guys,
I’ve been contacted by Lloyds Auction in Perth, they are interested in putting my Cobra in one of their auctions.

Has anyone had any experience with them?

Terms are basically 8% fees (calculated on final price), I can set up the reserve price and they take care of pictures and advertising. No fees if car won’t be sold.
fred

Offline gbader

• Worked
  • SAAC Member
  • Name: Greg
  • Car: 65/66/16
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2021, 10:09:37 am »
Just my 2c

I have always thought of Lloyds as the lower end of the auction food chain (mainly just in how little detail some of the more unique cars have and I have found it hard in the past to get more info or contact the owners), that may have changed now.

That said, they certainly generate some noise when they have special cars to head certain auctions(I kind of regret not selling my HSV when they had that big W1 auction, reckon I could have got more $ with all the hype). They fact that you can participate in the Auction with the car remaining local to you is a plus, set a reserve that you are comfy with so really hard to see much down side (and just check with them, you may need to remove the carsales ad so they are not running at the same time)

cheers

Offline fredm666

• Worked
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2021, 01:39:18 pm »
Just my 2c

I have always thought of Lloyds as the lower end of the auction food chain (mainly just in how little detail some of the more unique cars have and I have found it hard in the past to get more info or contact the owners), that may have changed now.

That said, they certainly generate some noise when they have special cars to head certain auctions(I kind of regret not selling my HSV when they had that big W1 auction, reckon I could have got more $ with all the hype). They fact that you can participate in the Auction with the car remaining local to you is a plus, set a reserve that you are comfy with so really hard to see much down side (and just check with them, you may need to remove the carsales ad so they are not running at the same time)

cheers

Hi Greg, thanks for the feedback.
I was thinking the same about the carsales ad. Probably I set a fair reserve price and see how it goes. The auction ends on the 28th of this month.

Cheers
fred

Offline Giffo

• Worked
  • LIFE IS A MUSTANG
  • Name: Steve G
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2021, 12:29:58 pm »
Thinking of selling mine too!

2002 MUSTANG COBRA - 4.6 SVT 5 SPEED - CONVERTIBLE.
Lowered Kings Springs, 3.73 diff gears, JTG CAI,  18" ROVOS DURBAN RIMS. MGW Short Shifter.  Slotted brake rotors. 2 1/2" SS Exhaust with Magnaflow high flow cats and mufflers.

Offline fredm666

• Worked
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2021, 11:04:47 pm »
Car has been sold.
Probably not at the price I wanted, but still a fairly decent price…. At least it went to a very experienced owner who can appreciate the model.
fred

Offline fredm666

• Worked
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2022, 05:51:18 pm »
a year passed and I haven't moved yet back to Sydney, and it won't happen for another 6 months...

I now regret having sold my Cobra, even though I have made some money on it :ouch:     :tissue:
fred

Offline Giffo

• Worked
  • LIFE IS A MUSTANG
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2022, 06:12:28 pm »
Fred, mine is available?
 :event:
Lowered Kings Springs, 3.73 diff gears, JTG CAI,  18" ROVOS DURBAN RIMS. MGW Short Shifter.  Slotted brake rotors. 2 1/2" SS Exhaust with Magnaflow high flow cats and mufflers.

Offline fredm666

• Worked
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2022, 06:31:40 pm »
Fred, mine is available?
 :event:

don't tempt me  :grin:

At the moment I have a couple of projects in mind, if they will not work out I will give you a call.
fred

Offline Giffo

• Worked
  • LIFE IS A MUSTANG
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2022, 07:03:06 pm »
Hahah. I don't want to but bills are coming in. Something has to give :(

How much did you get quietly??

don't tempt me  :grin:

At the moment I have a couple of projects in mind, if they will not work out I will give you a call.

Offline fredm666

• Worked
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2022, 07:51:39 pm »
Hahah. I don't want to but bills are coming in. Something has to give :(

How much did you get quietly??

I got $23k, and probably I could have had a little bit more, but considering what I paid for it there was no need to be greedy.
Yours could go higher than mine, I’d say $30k or more.
fred