Recent Posts

Mustang Australia

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Members Cars / The New 66 Coupe
« Last post by ChilliChadd on March 03, 2024, 09:00:32 pm »
It's been a while since I've been on here. Too busy working and just getting through. After making the biggest poo poo in life and selling COUPDUP 10 yrs ago I went back on the search late 2018.
after nearly getting back the old girl only to have the guy pull out the morning I was heading down to bring her home. I ended up landing KOUPDUP. another 66 only auto this time in March 2019, not exactly what I was after but had good bones and was reasonably priced. She'd been restored but was a bit on the old man side for my liking so on went wheels, new suspension, brake up grade, new interior, and Dakota digital dash, altered the exhaust, and new sound system. now after a few years I'm getting itchy again so it's time to make some changes.
Interior out again and Dynamat the whole car. another stereo upgrade, add air-con, rebuild the motor, and give her a bit more killawasps. redo the exhaust again, and possibly change the wheels again.
Cars For Sale By Private Sellers / Mustang 2016 Convertible for sale $37,500
« Last post by Tony33 on March 02, 2024, 02:25:32 pm »
Hi Folks,
Regrettably having to sell my 2016 Mustang Convertible due to rising cost of house renos - excellent condition and has been exceptionally well looked after with all receipts from new, full main dealer service history, log books, all keys and manuals. Major service and new front brakes (pads and rotors) completed 20/2/24. No issues at all.
Two mature Mustang enthusiast owners, never raced or thrashed, most of the kms are from long drives down south etc. Very roomy and comfortable cruiser. Economical but powerful eco boost engine, drives like new and everything on the car works as it should.
Has Apple CarPlay / Android as well as all usual Mustang features eg electric roof, heated / cooled seats, climate control,  great sound system, SatNav, voice recognition, reverse camera / parking assist, cruise etc. Only mods are a breathing upgrade (stainless steel exhaust with V8 back end and resonator delete / K&N filter - nice burble not too loud) as well as a set of 20" Avanti Americana wheels.
Advertised on Marketplace / Gumtree. Would be happier selling to a fellow Mustang enthusiast rather than a dealer. Reply here or give me a text / call (can't always answer due to job) if you have any further questions / happy drive to you for inspection if needed.
Cheers, Tony 0433-011841
Tech Torque Pre 1973 / Re: 1966 2-Speed wiper motor question
« Last post by GtgBevitt on March 02, 2024, 07:45:57 am »
You’re correct, and when I turn off the wipers, they return to their position low on the windscreen.

Thanks for your input, I’m thinking something similar about the wiring, and will go down that path
Tech Torque Pre 1973 / Re: Electric Brake Booster
« Last post by AussiePhil on March 01, 2024, 11:04:00 pm »
https://cruisinautomotive.com/electric-brake-systems-australia/

You'd want to make sure your alternator can keep up.

Hey Geoff,
That’s very interesting, I run a Hella U28 vacuum pump, but have had trouble with vacuum switches.

Cheers Phil.
Tech Torque Pre 1973 / Re: Electric Brake Booster
« Last post by GEOFF289 on March 01, 2024, 07:25:09 pm »
https://cruisinautomotive.com/electric-brake-systems-australia/

You'd want to make sure your alternator can keep up.
Tech Torque Pre 1973 / Electric Brake Booster
« Last post by Leeroy0872 on March 01, 2024, 07:20:05 pm »
Anyone know where I can source an electric brake booster and master cylinder system from? Front discs and rear drum. Looking to upgrade my brakes. What's everyone else running? I've heard the normal brake boosters don't have a very good pedal feel.
Tech Torque Pre 1973 / Re: Distributor for a 302W stroked 347
« Last post by trentsiddharta on March 01, 2024, 03:36:25 pm »
Hi Jiffy,

Thanks for this.

I've garaged the car and it's not being driven until the gear is changed. My ignorance and my mechanic to blame there.

The timing has been measured and is advanced. Your point re the carb is great as I assume this will affect temp, starting, and stalling. No choke on the carb compounds the issues again.

As a lower dollar solve, from replacing the manifold and carb with 4-barrel, I assume replacing the jets and adding an auto choke is fairly straightforward?

Thanks again for your and everyone's input, mate.
« Last post by jiffy on March 01, 2024, 02:57:37 pm »
I think you're about to get some big bills.
So - if the dist gear is wrong for the cam, there's NO WAY it should have been assembled. DO NOT RUN IT until you have the right dist gear installed.
Pick your battles...
Measure the timing - just because it detonates, it doesn't mean it's too far advanced - running too rich or too lean may also cause it to ping. You need to MEASURE the timing and make changes because you can see a problem, not because you're throwing money at the dart board trying to replace everything until it stops overheating.

Was the carb re-jetted to suit the large capacity? If it's still jetted to suit a 5.0Ltr but it's now a 5.4L then it'll be too lean.

You need to get it tuned by someone who has all the right tools. I would get rid of the 2-barrell carb and manifold for a 4-barrell, your wife won't want to drive it when it's running like a POS any more than she will if it goes hard. Get it running well before worrying about your wife's level of enjoyment....
« Last post by trentsiddharta on March 01, 2024, 12:52:20 pm »
Yes. I know. Doesn't seem right.

4-barrel would be better but from the perspective of it being a second car that my wife drives, it's unnecessary. Cost is also a factor.

Happy wife...
« Last post by GEOFF289 on March 01, 2024, 12:38:10 pm »

Carb - Factory 2-barrel. No choke (doesn't help)
Manifold - Factory
Cam - Steel roller 1.5
Heads - Original factory. Machined. New hardened valve seats.
Compression - will need to find out.
Distributor - old school Autolite

It's a 347 but has a 2 barrel carb?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10