Club Permit

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Club Permit  (Read 83258 times)

Offline phaseautos

• Worked
  • phaseautos
Club Permit
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2012, 11:58:29 pm »
macka
being a qualified mechanic with professional indemnity insurance
if required i may be in a position to help you with testing in the north?
thats if you can use the help

Offline danpony66

• Thoroughbred
  • I'm a girl who loves my 'stang.
Club Permit
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2012, 03:41:03 pm »
Quote from: Macka link=topic=13658.msg178960#msg178960
Just bringing this back up again for those that haven't read it.  Maybe it will save me answering some calls..

Macka, perhaps it would be timely to put something in the club maga agin? I;m be finishing the June magazine in the next couple of weeks so if you'd like to send me soemthing we can put it in.

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Club Permit
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2012, 06:25:37 pm »
Phase ..can you issue roadworthy certificates?

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Club Permit
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2012, 06:26:24 pm »
Danpony..  good idea, have sent you an update via email.

Offline MachAttack

• Worked
Club Permit
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2012, 06:51:08 pm »
Hi Macka, I've read this entire thread, Vic Roads site and MOCA Vic site but still have one question about the club permit scheme. If registering a newly imported car under this scheme does the vehicle need to have the VASS engineering certificate? There seems to be some conflicting information so I would just like to confirm. I am keen to go with the club scheme as I can't see myself using the car for more than 90 days a year. I can always change to full reg down the track if I need to. Thanks.

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Club Permit
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2012, 08:42:59 pm »
Mach, vehicles under the club scheme are for original looking cars and not for highly modified ones.  They go under the Rod registration scheme which is where engineering certificates are required.  Give me a ring and we'll go through it for you.  

Offline phaseautos

• Worked
  • phaseautos
Club Permit
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2012, 06:11:40 pm »
Quote from: Macka link=topic=13658.msg179015#msg179015
Phase ..can you issue roadworthy certificates?

i could if i wanted too but need to get back to vic roads and set it up again (get the workshop approved)

from my understanding you don't need to be a vic roadworthy tester to do this though just need to be able to know whats safe and whats not?

my ex employee does it for the mazda club i'm looking at doing it for the ho club and if i can help here its double whammy.

just trying to help and as i'm open every day nearly its handy for members makes their life easier than waiting for an opertune time/meeting etc?

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Club Permit
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2012, 07:15:55 pm »
Yep, in the regulations someone from within the club who is skilled examining cars to meet legal limitations and signing off on them.  Alot of clubs in the scheme are now, as the Vic MOCA club does is require that a roadworthy is conducted by a licensed examiner.  This takes any legal ramifications away from the club or someone from within a club who signs a vehicle off.  This would come into play if the vehicle was for some reason come under the microscope by the law or the coroner as to why a standard wasn't met or a modification made which was not within the scope of the scheme.  I'll explain it all next time you are at a meeting or club run.

Members are always asking where they can get a RWC done by someone who knows classic older cars.

Offline phaseautos

• Worked
  • phaseautos
Club Permit
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2012, 08:47:08 pm »
love to meet you
and yes i understand what your saying
hence why a qualified mechanic doing the check as it would be done for roadworthy i thought met and surpassed the requirements how i read them but will read them again soon and take further what you have said on board.
happy to catch up any time you like, and happy to pull my finger out n clean the storage mess up so the shop can be recognized again by vic roads

Offline MachAttack

• Worked
Club Permit
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2012, 06:45:41 am »
Quote from: Macka link=topic=13658.msg179037#msg179037
Mach, vehicles under the club scheme are for original looking cars and not for highly modified ones.  They go under the Rod registration scheme which is where engineering certificates are required.  Give me a ring and we'll go through it for you.  

Thanks Macka, once I've seen what needs addressed for RWC I'll give you a call about the reg.

Offline Wilbury

• Pony
Club Permit
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2012, 02:55:15 pm »
Cant find anything around after doing a search, on clarification over the 'brief description' of reason for travel in the CPS Log Book. It states rather major instances for e.g, like 'club show', 'melbourne to bendigo' etc ... but what if i am just doing something trivial like going down to the shops? Do you put 'going for coffee down street'? And what if your doing a few little things over the day, do you have to try and squeeze in 10 little descriptions of every place you decide to go to? Also lastly, i like to get in and just go for a drive in a general direction, not knowing where i'll end up... cruise about so to say. What would you put then? I.e how descriptive or accurate does it need to be? Just wanna make sure i'm doing the right thing. Thanks for any help.
Vic Member 2353

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Club Permit
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2012, 05:01:48 pm »
Wilbury, it only needs to be a general description.  I've seen suburbs, shows, open drive, Towns, day drive and all sorts of things.  

Think of it this way, if you were trying to get out of the house and you were yelling out to the Mrs that you were going to the next suburb and ended up 600 km away, who really cares.  Once you sign it off, its open for a days drive no matter where you end up.  

Keep it simple and you'll understand it easy.

Offline SXTY8

• Worked
Club Permit
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2012, 08:33:15 pm »
If I'm going on a trip I'll put the details in, such as Melbourne - Beechworth or Melbourne Ballarat return, but if I'm only going to be in Melbourne I'll put Melbourne area in the box as I think this covers it.
I don't know how anal the Cops are going to be as I haven't been pulled over with this new system. I was pulled over on my motorbike on the old system because the Cops put my plate into their computer and nothing came up.
I had to explain to them that nothing showed on their computer because it wasn't registered, it was on the Club Permit Scheme.

Offline Wilbury

• Pony
Club Permit
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2012, 10:06:02 am »
Thanks for that Macka/SXTY8, so its more about signing off for the day. And not to fuss too much over the description.

Cheers guys.

Vic Member 2353

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Club Permit
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2012, 09:08:56 pm »
Just brining this to the attention of newer members.

Also be aware that for the scheme plates to be valid, you need to be a finacial member of the club in which it is issued.

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Re: Club Permit
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2012, 03:36:26 pm »
Anyone who is thinking of joining the club and having their car on the scheme, please remember that your application sits on the table for 30 days before you are issued with your membership. 

This means that if you rush out and get your RWC, it may expire before you can have it on the scheme.  Please wait and ring one of the clyb scheme signatures before rushing out and doing anything.

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2012, 12:19:17 pm »
Be aware that for the scheme plates to be valid, you need to be a finacial member of the club in which it was issued.

Make sure your membership is paid up..

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2012, 11:09:56 am »
Hi Macka.

Yes - you need to be a financial member. I thought I should bring this up. A few weeks ago I got a call from Bob in the club asking if my membership was paid up.
I had no idea ... he said it expired at the end of June, so being on a club permit, I was technically unregistered. While I was very grateful for the call, I had driven my car several times over 2 months unregistered. I realise the onus is one us to make sure our memberships are current, but I dont think a reminder letter for renewal is too hard to do. All other clubs I have been in do it.

Bob said something about the club magazine should have something in it about, but there was a problem with it or something or other - I am not sure. I haven't seen a Mag for a while - probably since my membership expired !

I am grateful for the call and renewed on the spot with Bob, but is there any plan to have letters go out ? I dare say there are more members on the club scheme now and I am sure I was not the only one caught out.

While in my interest of course to renew, I dont think it is in the interest of the club either if an unregistered vehicle is involved in an accident etc.

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2012, 04:44:24 pm »
FRank, yep, that's a good example to others as well. 

If you are not financial and you own cars on a club permit, then that permit becomes invalid.  There are many good points to the scheme but in taking it on means the owner and driver have a few more responsibilities.  I do believe a membership reminder was forgotten in the mag. but the onus is on the owner and/or driver to ensure the permit is valid before driving the car. 

I did post a reminder in July, but you must have missed it.

Remember, it is not registration.

I'm sure the committee are already onto it but I'll prepare something and forward it onto them.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 04:56:24 pm by Macka »

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2012, 11:32:35 pm »
Thanks Macka.

I dont think I got the July mag ... My membership ran out end of June I think ...

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline timwrx

• Pony
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2012, 07:19:35 am »
I've just received my first permit renewal and the letter accompanying it says it needs to be signed by the club secretary but the permit sticker for the log book says not required.

Do I need to have the renewal signed by the club secretary before I can go into vicroads and pay up?

Thanks,
Tim

Offline danpony66

• Thoroughbred
  • I'm a girl who loves my 'stang.
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2012, 11:11:11 am »
I've just received my first permit renewal and the letter accompanying it says it needs to be signed by the club secretary but the permit sticker for the log book says not required.

Do I need to have the renewal signed by the club secretary before I can go into vicroads and pay up?

Thanks,
Tim

It needs to be signed by one of the Club Permit Officers (Graham, Macca or Joe). They have to confirm that your membership is current and you still qualilfy for the permit scheme.

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2012, 04:51:22 pm »
Tim, yes.... it needs to be signed before paying for each renewal. 

VicRoads needs the confirmation that you are still with the club and that the car hasn't been modified beyond whats allowed.  The log book sticker doesn't need to be signed but the renewal notice does before its accepted and paid for.  You can send it to me or see me or one of the guys at a run or at the next meeting. 

Ring me if you need any more.

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2012, 12:13:46 pm »
I'm still hearing about members who are thinking of going on the scheme and then find out that they have not renewed your membership.  If you think its been awhile since you've paid it, can you check your lanyard or ring Ian Collins because it may cause you problems if wanting to go onto the scheme.

There are also rumors going around that the club scheme will go to personalised plates.  I have not heard this from any offical area and it has not come from the AOMC.  Going onto the scheme means that you display club permit plates that are easily identifiable by law enforcement and subject to log book rules etc. 

Sorry to kill these rumors, but I can not see it happening to the scheme - which is not registration.

Offline TimR67

• Worked
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2012, 09:28:41 am »
I read a reply from Vic Roads to the Street Rod Federation after the ASRF had asked about personalized plates for the street rod permit scheme.  Vic Roads said that at this stage it is not possible but it is something that they 'may' look at in the future.