64 1/2 coupe seat belts

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 64 1/2 coupe seat belts  (Read 1685 times)

Offline Phillip28

• Pony
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Phillip
64 1/2 coupe seat belts
« on: February 07, 2021, 08:48:01 am »
Hi all just about finished my restoration on my 64 1/2 coupe. Do I need to get adr compliant belts for Qld. Any help would be great. Cheers Phil.

Offline RC65

• Pony
Re: 64 1/2 coupe seat belts
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 10:38:43 am »
G'day Phillip - since your vehicle is pre 1969 when the second edition ADR's came into effect you should not be required to change the seatbelts. All I needed to register my 65 in QLD was a full roadworthy certificate and of course the mandatory fees payable to QLD Transport.   

Offline 67FBGT

• Blue Printed
  • Car: 1967
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2021, 11:52:50 am »
As always it can depend on who is interpreting the rules. And there are rules that pre-date the ADRs.

When I brought my 67 FB from NZ across to Qld in 2007 the seatbelts - which complied with NZ's rules of the day - required further upgrading. The fronts were already 3-point lap/sash inertia so they were fine, but the lap belts in the back had to be changed to fixed lap/sash.
And the engineers also installed two child-seat fixing points too.
All signed off with a compliance plate affixed in the trunk area.

Maybe overkill when compared to the ADRs 2nd Ed as I read them too, but AFAIAC all worthwhile in the interests of improved safety. With all the mindless idiots on the roads with all the mobile phone and other IT distractions these days I wouldn't have anything less than 3-point belts. :thumb:

Offline pmb0186

• Thoroughbred
  • I'm new here
  • Name: PETE
  • Car: 66 MUSTANG
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2021, 04:21:52 pm »
I know in SA seatbelts are not required if the car is Pre 67 therefore not required to be fitted. If fitted they need a Australian compliance label attached. If you go down this path you could fit what ever you like after you get your road worthy
does anyone remember laughter