Falcon GT Car Show @ Maroochydore March 6

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Falcon GT Car Show @ Maroochydore March 6  (Read 6190 times)

Offline nifty-b

• Thoroughbred
« on: February 15, 2010, 06:50:58 pm »
Event of Interest

Falcon Gt Car Show @ Maroochhydore
Saturday March 6th 2010
10am – 3pm at
PACIFIC  FORD
122- 124 Sugar Rd Maroochydore

Pacific Ford FPV is hosting a special event, reuniting Allan Moffat with his Falcon GTHO Phase I, II, & III race cars as well as the one that got away, the legendary Falcon GTHO Phase IV, built for, but never raced by Moffat, thanks to the “Supercar Scare” and consequent Government crackdown on high performance Australian cars in 1972.

Kindly provided by Bowden’s Own Car Care, these are four of the most desirable Australian Ford Muscle cars and will be proudly displayed in Pacific Ford’s showroom at Sugar Road, Maroochydore from 10am – 3pm, with the man himself, racing legend Allan Moffat in attendance from 1-3pm to regale the crowd with tales from the golden age of motor racing. In addition, the FPV General Manager Rod Barrett will be present to hopefully divulge some details of upcoming FPV models to the waiting masses.

Thanks to the generosity of Queensland’s Falcon GT clubs, Pacific Ford will also have a stunning display of the first and foremost Australian Muscle Car, with an excellent range of early model Falcon GT’s and late model FPV GT’s due to be displayed on the day, with an estimated 70 GT’s on show. This will be a not to be repeated event for Queensland this year, as the last time Allan Moffat and these Iconic GTHO’s were together was Ford’s year 2000 75th Anniversary celebrations at Geelong, in Victoria.

Offline LEE H 69

• Worked
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 07:56:54 pm »
sounds like a good day out nifty

could be a good run for the club

Offline FST68

• Worked
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 02:28:11 pm »
parking is a real poblem around that area would need to organise something there apart from tatit would be good to see a club run up this direction

Offline jmd1

• Blue Printed
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 06:25:47 pm »
It'll be like a fresh nugget to a fly all the late model guys will be there. For some reason they think they are driving Muscle  cars. Not for me...
Fast,,, there is a run up the coast Labour weekend normally well over 20 cars.

Offline Benny

• P Plates
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 11:02:38 pm »
There is alot of parking along opposite the servo(which is next ford) down the drive next to TJM, It is safe to leave your cars there. I work in the street and live in the area.it is safe to leave ur pride and joy there. you want to know anything, you can email me at thekitzens@bigpond.com    Benny

Offline Benny

• P Plates
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 11:08:29 pm »
Hey nifty, are you bringing ur yellow 69,cause I'm goin to bring my yellow 69. I think I met you on that blue oval website remember ? I remember your pic

Offline nifty-b

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 08:54:38 pm »
G'day Benny, yeah I remember mate.
 No, I don't think we will be getting up there mate,  I'm from Tweed Heads & it's a bit to far just to look at Bowdens cars that I've seen already seen several times , I mainly put it on here for the info of members who are cup that way & maybe didn't know about it .
We will have to catch up another time , cheers